Why become a member? ×

Be nice im shy:)

Macka

Hi there fellow bass players!!!!

When can I actually start calling myself a bass player. I do not feel like I’m good enough to call myself a bass player yet.....In fact I think I should have some of those L plates front and back while I’m playing!!!!

See my dad has been playing years, his awesome and can rightly call himself a "bass Player" but when did you all actually call your self’s a bass player?

Any ways I’m Samantha (Sam for short) I’m 27 and have been playing bass for about 2 years but only had my own bass for a Year:)

Currently I am playing a Fender squier jazz bass which is a little bit too heavy for me so I’m on the lookout for something a little lighter and easy for my little hands to move around on.

I have been into a cash and carry today and found a Fender Squier MB-4 Modern Bass Guitar - Skull and Crossbones which will need a lot of work to make it look the part again but its my first project and I’m a little excited by it. Skull and cross bones are not really my thing but it’s all a learning curve and once my project is complete I will trade for a bass more suited to me......

Will let you know how I get on.

Looking forward to getting to know you and looking forward to your answers!

Sam :)

[quote name='basskay1' post='870637' date='Jun 18 2010, 11:35 AM']Hi

Welcome :) I just signed up about a week and a bit ago and its been a pleasure so far :rolleyes: even a smooth transaction for a practically new SansAmp lol
nothing to worry about here. Enjoy your stay :lol:

Kay[/quote]

Welcome to Basschat Sam

I`m fairly new to this myself, though not that new to playing bass, but have found it to be a great forum, plenty of advice on basses/amps etc, and a great place to find some really good musical equipment. Certainly a great place to look for yr ideal bass, once you`ve established what yr after.

In answer to yr question - when did I start calling myself a bass player - probably, when at a band practice, one of my mates at the time, said he thought my bass playing was like that of Bruce Foxton, from The Jam (this is going back to the 80s, when The Jam had only just broke up). To say I was chuffed would have been a severe understatement. Before that time, I wd have just said that I could play the bass, but after, hey I was a bassist. :lol:

[quote name='gary mac' post='870888' date='Jun 18 2010, 03:53 PM']Hello dearest daughter, welcome to bass chat.

Now you will know what I do with myself all day, so don't tell mum.

Also DON'T look in the For Sale sections....you have been warned[/quote]

Dont tell mum....... are you mad what happens in Bass Club stays in bass club!!!

P.s Funny you should mention the for sale section i can see the bass i want in your profile pic:)

[quote name='cm261' post='870419' date='Jun 18 2010, 12:48 AM']Hi Sam,

Welcome! :rolleyes:

It's a nice friendly place so no need to be shy.

What are you planning for the skull and crossbones bass?[/quote]

I only got the skull bass today but my plan is to play it for a bit and then sell it :)

[quote name='Macka' post='870903' date='Jun 18 2010, 04:25 PM']Dont tell mum....... are you mad what happens in Bass Club stays in bass club!!!

P.s Funny you should mention the for sale section i can see the bass i want in your profile pic:)[/quote]
:)

Sit down, make yourself comfortable, and enjoy the chat. I don't bother even going on holiday these days, I just come here :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Hi Sam.

Welcome to the forum.

Get some gigs under your belt and I think then you can take those L plates of and call yoursefl a bass player. Being in a band and playing live is one of the best thing about holding down the bottom end.