Why become a member? ×

Guitar starter pack

I am selling this on behalf of my 12 year old son. It was his first guitar, bought for him when he was about 8.... Aaaw, how time flies :) Now he's saving and working towards a Fender Tele... and I thought he had taste! :lol:

Let's be absolutely clear about this - it's not top-end gear by any description. However, what we have here is a guitar that plays well and sounds good. It's a generic "Strat" copy, as you can see. It's been well set up and has decent strings on (EB slinky 9s).

The combo is rated at 16watts (which I doubt somehow!) but I can vouch for the fact that it's certainly loud enough to annoy parents and neighbours! :rolleyes: It sounds OK too - but Cornford it ain't!

He is also chucking in a reasonable quality lead (Venom, I believe - around 4m long).

It also comes with the original gig bag - which is a bit ripped, but will do to help protect it during shipping and keep the dust off.

It would be really cool if this tried and (well) tested package went to some young musician who would love, cherish and appreciate it.

Happy to ship at buyer's expense - but would prefer pick-up or meet.

He is looking for [b]£35[/b]. You could try to knock him down, but could you live with yourself after taking money from a 12 year old? :lol:

Edited by Conan

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='4 Strings' post='882258' date='Jun 30 2010, 06:32 PM']I suppose advertising here will need people to know someone who needs it, I've thought through all I know but can't think of anyone.[/quote]

Good point - and thanks for the bump! I told him he would probably be better off trying to sell it at school but the problem is that loads of kids say "yeah, I'll buy it" and then they ask their parents who say no.... :)

It's not really worth sticking it on Ebay, so I'll just leave it here and give it the odd bump now and then...! :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

Why do I feel guilty every time I look at this post. I'd have this but as I'm in France, it'd end up as £120 with delivery.

He's 12 for God's sake and making the effort to work and save up. One of you a bit nearer must have £35 to start your nipper off on guitar.

Worst way, it's a bump.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='leschirons' post='992712' date='Oct 18 2010, 07:35 PM']Why do I feel guilty every time I look at this post. I'd have this but as I'm in France, it'd end up as £120 with delivery.

He's 12 for God's sake and making the effort to work and save up. One of you a bit nearer must have £35 to start your nipper off on guitar.

Worst way, it's a bump.[/quote]

Just spotted this post. Thanks a lot! :) He's thirteen now BTW but this has still not sold!

Lots of love for Westfield basses at the moment, and , er.... Westwood sounds kinda similar!

Snowy TIM!

It's all about keeping your first guitar as a reminder of how you started, I still have my beaten up yamaha RBX360 plastered in skate stickers. Find 7 people to donate £5 to the budding rockers cause! I'll start it off, so that 6 people left.... C'mon peeps! Let the little dude keep his first guitar!

[quote name='binky_bass' post='1044547' date='Dec 2 2010, 12:45 AM']It's all about keeping your first guitar as a reminder of how you started, I still have my beaten up yamaha RBX360 plastered in skate stickers. Find 7 people to donate £5 to the budding rockers cause! I'll start it off, so that 6 people left.... C'mon peeps! Let the little dude keep his first guitar![/quote]

I'm in for a fiver if Hamster doesn't buy it.

What a great bunch you are on here! Luke now has his £35 and the pack is "sort of" sold!! It's a long story, but many thanks are dues to Tom1946 - one of life's good guys.

Thanks for all the interest chaps!