Why become a member? ×

Sold - thanks to everyone who contacted me regarding trades.

6stringbassist

My Wal Mach 1 fretted bass will soon be for sale.

It's currently at the Wal workshop being serviced and spruced up :). I get it back in a couple of weeks time.

It's a 1987 bass with Yew facings and rosewood board etc. The gold hardware is a bit tatty, but the bass itself is in pretty much as new condition.

The only photos that I have are attached. The actual bass is a bit lighter in colour than the photo of the front shows, the colour of the rear of the bass is a more accurate representation.

It comes with a grey Wal hardcase.

For sale at £2300 ono.

I'm not prepared to ship this bass, so it's personal collection from Birmingham only, or I can travel to you.

The only trades would be either an Olympic white Sei or Sadowsky 5 string jazz with a rosewood board, blocks and bound fingerboard, an Olympic White 4 string 70's Fender jazz bass with a maple or rosewood board, with blocks and neck binding. Or a Musicman Stingray 4 or 5 string in white or sunburst, a white bass must have a rosewood board and the sunburst must have a maple board. Fussy old devil aren't I :rolleyes:.

Thanks !

Edited by 6stringbassist

Bump.

Possibly sold but I'd like a bit more interest just in case it falls through.

I'm hopefully due to collect the bass this coming week.

I'm going to be working on a ship for the summer, so I'd like to sell this before I go.

Trades also for white Stingrays with rosewood boards, 4 or 5 string.

Edited by 6stringbassist

[quote name='Mike' post='877300' date='Jun 25 2010, 12:27 PM']Man, I have an all original 1975 Jazz (black/black maple) that I thought I would never sell but after playing one of these at the Gallery I'm starting to question myself![/quote]

I'm very interested in trades for vintage 70's jazz basses :) .