Why become a member? ×

It's a Shuker, but not as we know it.

MacDaddy

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='Buzz' post='482094' date='May 7 2009, 03:46 PM']I don't see how being good with watch repairs is obscene..... :rolleyes:[/quote]
Tell that to Sylar.

No news for a while. Still waiting :)

I knew the 4 week completion date was a tad optimistic :lol:

I asked Jon for an update on my bass this week and he said that he's finishing off 4 JJ Burnell sig basses at the moment and he will resume work on my bass shortly. Sounds like he's absolutely swamped!

Edited by peted

[quote name='peted' post='510206' date='Jun 10 2009, 02:35 PM']I asked Jon for an update on my bass this week and he said that he's finishing off 4 JJ Burnell sig basses at the moment and he will resume work on my bass shortly. Sounds like he's absolutely swamped![/quote]

Jings, I should probably stop sending him such long emails then... :)

Eude

• 2 weeks later...

email from Jon:

[i]

We're not far off, I'm hoping I'll get most of it together this weekend. All the 'making' is done and its just a case of assembly. I have to spray the headpiece but thats a quick job. If I get it all together this weekend then it should be ready for you in about 10 days from then, just so it has plenty of time to settle down and I can do any necessary adjustments to the setup[/i].

so only 2 weeks to go :)

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='529196' date='Jun 30 2009, 10:46 PM']email from Jon:

[i]

We're not far off, I'm hoping I'll get most of it together this weekend. All the 'making' is done and its just a case of assembly. I have to spray the headpiece but thats a quick job. If I get it all together this weekend then it should be ready for you in about 10 days from then, just so it has plenty of time to settle down and I can do any necessary adjustments to the setup[/i].

so only 2 weeks to go :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ah nice to see Positive Thought in action ...
My money's on August 10th :)

[quote name='peted' post='530188' date='Jul 2 2009, 06:57 AM']w00t! Epic 20 month build you have there :D[/quote]

so long as it comes in at under 2 years :)

[quote name='OldGit' post='530245' date='Jul 2 2009, 09:10 AM']Ah nice to see Positive Thought in action ...
My money's on August 10th :rolleyes:[/quote]
we should run a book :lol:

[quote name='BigBeefChief' post='530963' date='Jul 2 2009, 07:18 PM']My 6th Birthday.

Weird![/quote]

all the more weird, because if you write it backwards you get 7 8 9 10 11 :)

oh bu993r! Just realised I should have put 1st October 1987! Doh :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='306721' date='Oct 14 2008, 10:17 PM']only a gap of about 2 1/2 months :rolleyes:

Right, here's the body front and back. As you know from my spec I want as purple as possible without actually being black, and Jon assures me that is the case in normal light.

the only other thing is that there will be 6 bolts in the neck joint.[/quote]

The carve on back looks awesome. This isn't helping me hold back on commissioning a Shuker :)

[quote name='Tait' post='541647' date='Jul 15 2009, 09:22 PM']whens this due to arrive? i'm looking forward to pictures of this, i've been watching this thread closely, its going to be a great looking bass when its done.[/quote]
cheers, I certainly hope so. 3 weeks ago it was going to be ready in 2 weeks.

[quote name='Matt Golgotha' post='542644' date='Jul 16 2009, 09:48 PM']The carve on back looks awesome. This isn't helping me hold back on commissioning a Shuker :)[/quote]
yep ergonomically designed for comfort :rolleyes: And go for it, if you can think it, Jon can probably make it.

[quote name='Jarhead' post='545844' date='Jul 20 2009, 10:53 PM']I'm liking the Ibanez style monkey grip its got. IS it just there for the sake of being there, or will you use it properly? Throwing your bass around, etc.

Zach[/quote]
Hell yeah it will be used properly! Aesthetics aside, this bass has been designed to be played.

• 1 month later...