Why become a member? ×

G&L Tribute L2000 (SOLD!!)

Schnozzalee

Hi BCers,

Got this in a trade from MB1 a the start of the year, wouldn't mind keeping it:

A particularly nice G&L L2000 Tribute - looks like an older version (No made in Indonesia sign!). Its natural swamp ash with a hard rock maple neck and fretboard with that all important 21st fret. Its surprisingly light 8lbs-ish! The electronics are the same as the USA model with the big active/passive which I love, favourite electronics to date. Swirling in the pop zone and a mark above the heel. Comes with hardshell case and new strings. Punches well above its weight, very versatile. Nothing else to say. Full review:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT4AP58jC5o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT4AP58jC5o[/url]

£350 collected from Cardiff or £365 Posted, price is firm - I'd rather keep it for any less! No trades. Bank Transfer/Cheque only. No Paypal.

P.S Apologies to MB1 for using his photos :blush:

[attachment=51024:G_L_L2000_1.jpg]
[attachment=51026:G_L_L2000_4.jpg]
[attachment=51025:G_L_L2000.jpg]

Edited by Schnozzalee

[quote name='MB1' post='852680' date='May 31 2010, 03:03 PM']MB1. :)
...This be the one you should keep Oli :lol:
...Lovely Bass!...wouldnt mind having it back!...alas" Stingray Says...NO!"... (wallet is in also in agreement!) :rolleyes:[/quote]

Haha it is tempting, I may well do. The electronics are phenomenal, but its either this or the USA Cirrus. G&L's are better in the mix I feel.

[quote name='budget bassist' post='852849' date='May 31 2010, 07:13 PM']Ahh the good old basschat bike! I used to own this bass, and very nice it was too![/quote]

MB1. :)
...This is not the previously owned by Greenking/Out to play jazz model!....This was bought from a guy in Nuneaton...Bike Indeed? :lol: :rolleyes:

I used to have one exactly like this... so it could be this one/ the other one mentioned.

I miss it, but i cant deny how much better my Musicman SUB is. If i ever win the lottery im gona hunt that bass down.

Bump for making me miss my bass.

Its gonna be another week until I can consider posting this one guys. I'm glad its not a bike lol! I'm still thinking about keeping it, the woodgrains purdy. I can imagine a sub being less warm with more punch, this is more of a high output Phat P/J bass but does R'N'B nicely :). Also does a passive style P/J (the bass is not active)

Edited by Schnozzalee

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, the neck is definately not a jazz because I don't get cramped on chordal stuff and its not precision because the string spacing isn't too wide for me and the edges are rolled. I'd say it was most similar to a stingray. I have small hands but its one of the few necks I've found comfy.

Regarding electronics I've just opened it to find a battery and I always thought it was just a two way circuit change but on passive electronics. I'm going to have to look into that for you and report back!

When I played the bass it seemed like it was master volume/pickup volume/pickup volume; active/passive switch; and pickup selection...so probably 2eq on the 9 volt battery. I dunno, I found this:

Those things that look like a couple of Music Man humbuckers are actually an all new Leo Fender design, and they sport the patent numbers to prove it. Each pickup has eight adjustable pole pieces, making it easy to get an even sound across all four strings. The forward toggle switch (i.e., the one closest to the neck) is a 3-way pickup selector that lets you run either pickup or both; the toggle in the middle lets you choose between series or parallel operation. These two switches provide a wide range of tones, from gut-rattling deep bass to razor-sharp highs. The rear toggle switch lets you choose passive, active or active with a treble boost. There are rotary bass-cut controls, too, so the range of tone-shaping possibilities is fairly mind-boggling. Leo clearly didn't want to leave anybody's preference out.

The control cavity is accessed from the rear by removing six screws and lifting off a metal cover. The active preamp, which resides on a small circuit board, was recently updated for lower noise and better performance. It's powered by a 9-volt battery that's tucked neatly into a separate compartment alongside the main cavity. The wiring for the series/parallel switch, located in the center of the cavity, is accessible, if you're inclined to tinker, you could rewire it and/or attach capacitors to further vary the L-2000's sound. (Once again: If you don't know what you're doing, don't mess with it.) A copper shielding plate covers only the bottom of the control cavity.

[quote name='cocco' post='956383' date='Sep 14 2010, 07:01 PM']Cheers buddy! I've been after a ray on the cheap for a while. I think I might source one of these instead now. Gutted I missed this. Thats some damn fine wood grain. Ahh well. sh*t happens.[/quote]

MB1. :)
...She Used to be Mine!...Till i saw her with another Man!... (Can't beat a bit of Spin Doctors!)
...Nice to see this has found a new home Oli! :rolleyes: ...Monster!

[quote name='cocco' post='956700' date='Sep 14 2010, 10:52 PM']Good lad! If you need to convince a wife/partner/mother/what ever that it's gone get it on a bus to south Wales and I'll keep her warm for you :)[/quote]

Oh! Didn't realise you were IN Cardiff! lol damn I'm slow. Kingbasses look amazing, especially the one Molan had with that burl top mmmm...