Why become a member? ×

MXR Bass Envelope Filter

Gunsfreddy2003

Can't help you with that one - though Molan asked the same question recently:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=88930&hl=envelope"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...amp;hl=envelope[/url]

Effectpowersupplies.com also have them in stock - they sound great on the web but I then realised that he was also using a slight overdrive in the sound which was making it a lot more funky!

Can't decide between buying one of these, the 3 Leaf Groove Regulator or a vintage Mu-Tron!!!

[quote name='Sean' post='850418' date='May 28 2010, 04:27 PM']I had one on order for ages and cancelled it as they seem to be taking ages to get to the UK. I see they have them at guitarguitar now though.[/quote]

Can you give us any demos?

Would like to see if it nails the Flea/Stuart Zender sound?

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='850682' date='May 28 2010, 09:09 PM']I got one from effectspowersupplies - their shop- yesterday.
It really is as good as it seems. I'd given up on finding a filter
that I really liked and it turns the m82 is that filter for me!
Richard warned me whilst I was there that those that try it buy it,
and he was right![/quote]

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='850682' date='May 28 2010, 09:09 PM']I got one from effectspowersupplies - their shop- yesterday.[/quote]

Their shop - its called Stompbox -and is in Northwood Hills, is walking distance form my place. I must go over and try one.

BTW
Basschatter BigJim works in the shop too.

Hi thinking of Light Years, Space Cowboy & Stu's Tune as a starter!

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='850784' date='May 28 2010, 11:34 PM']gunsfreddy - i don't have facility to do demos unfortunately mate, and I'm still playing with sounds.
I managed to get a reasonable flea ish tone from it in the shop, but that definitely bears further investigation.
Which Zender tone are you after? any songs in particular?[/quote]

[quote name='bass_ennyday' post='851046' date='May 29 2010, 12:41 PM']Did you buy it straight at 3Leaf USA or what is the best place in Europe to
buy the Groove Regulator to save shipping/tax/custom fees?[/quote]

I bought from 3Leaf, it was the cheapest option at the time. If you can´t find a used one you'll have to order it from 3Leaf. In their site they have links for distributors but when i bought mine there was only two, one in US and another in Australia if i'm not mistaken... with shipping and customs taxes mine costed 225€... Didn't regret it at the moment but now the new MXR looks like a cheaper and very reliable option...

[quote name='Platypus' post='850691' date='May 28 2010, 09:29 PM']Their shop - its called Stompbox -and is in Northwood Hills, is walking distance form my place. I must go over and try one.

BTW
Basschatter BigJim works in the shop too.[/quote]

Richard is on BC as well - i think as MindGoneBlank - I could be wrong though. They're great guys, I might hook up with them on my next day off/free saturday :)

Definitely gonna give the MXR a go, I've currently got a boomstick bottom feeder, but I think something a bit more tweakable would be more up my street.

[quote name='Dosi Y'Anarchy' post='855275' date='Jun 2 2010, 07:48 PM']Richard is on BC as well - i think as MindGoneBlank - I could be wrong though. They're great guys, I might hook up with them on my next day off/free saturday :)

Definitely gonna give the MXR a go, I've currently got a boomstick bottom feeder, but I think something a bit more tweakable would be more up my street.[/quote]Look forward to seeing you soon Theo!

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Finally took the plunge and bought one before I went on holiday and only just had 5 mins to try it out at home with my basses - all O can say is WOW!! This is without doubt the best sounding envelope filter that I have had yet and I have gone through a few now!

It nails the Mu-Tron type sound and is so responsive to finger style playing - a really funky peice of kit.

If you have been think of getting one then just do it as I promise you will not regret it!!!

[quote name='Gunsfreddy2003' post='848930' date='May 26 2010, 09:16 PM']Just watching a clip on You Tube of Bryan Beller demoing the MXR Bass Envelope Filter and it sounds awesome. Any one got one or tried one as I am interested to know if it really does sound that damn funky?[/quote]

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='852300' date='May 31 2010, 02:44 AM']I bought from 3Leaf, it was the cheapest option at the time ... with shipping and customs taxes mine costed 225€... Didn't regret it at the moment but now the new MXR looks like a cheaper and very reliable option...[/quote]

ok, thanks for the info!

Since there is a summer sale for the 3Leaf Groove Regulator right now (till july 13th) i just ordered one
this morning .... for 179 U$ + 30 U$ shipping + x € taxes/customs. Spencer, the guy from 3Leaf, is a great
guy to deal with, he is also an active poster on talkbass.com ... i have much sympathy for those small
one man(?) boutique pedal producers.

BUT the MXR M82 will be my second choice sometime from all the reviews i have read, heared and seen.
I believe only one envelope filter on the board is never enough, each sounds very different, i love to have
choices and i can never afford the vintage Mu-Tron III.

[quote name='Ghost_Bass' post='852300' date='May 31 2010, 02:44 AM']I bought from 3Leaf, it was the cheapest option at the time ... with shipping and customs taxes mine costed 225€... Didn't regret it at the moment but now the new MXR looks like a cheaper and very reliable option...[/quote]

ok, thanks for the info!

Since there is a summer sale for the 3Leaf Groove Regulator right now (till july 13th) i just ordered one
this morning .... for 179 U$ + 30 U$ shipping + x € taxes/customs. Spencer, the guy from 3Leaf, is a great
guy to deal with, he is also an active poster on talkbass.com ... i have much sympathy for those small
one man(?) boutique pedal producers.

BUT the MXR M82 will be my second choice sometime from all the reviews i have read, heared and seen.
I believe only one envelope filter on the board is never enough, each sounds very different, i love to have
choices.

Edited by bass_ennyday