Why become a member? ×

new sterling by musicman cheap

fendsoul

just thought id share my amazement with everyone. today i tryed one these basses in question and WOW!
Having previously owned a musicman i thought id give these new cheap options a go, cant remember what amp i tryed it through in the shop tho.

Ill cut to the chase, these basses are amazing for the price. I was told their musicman parts but made in indonesia or somewhere, it had that huge musicman tone/click to it and it felt like the real deal too.

Have ernie ball shot them selfs in the foot here cus the only difference i could find between the two was the little motifs on the headstock and the 'made in indonesia' on the back. Oh and the fact thats its HALF the price than the big boy.

Safe to say i was flabbergasted, well done ernie ball these are miles better than OLP.

anyone else got any thoughts?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='841791' date='May 19 2010, 10:18 AM']There's a review in the reviews section. Yes, these are excellent basses and they're going to do the same as the SUB range did, which is rob sales from the parent brand. And quite rightly so :)[/quote]

Hahahaha! :rolleyes:

My Ray34 is my only bass at the moment. I even sold a Lakland after getting this bass.
Im no MM expert, ive only ever played one SR4 and that was in a shop, but my Ray34 is working out so well i don't feel the need to spend more.
I have changed the pup on mine but to be honest i could have lived with the original one. In fact i think i preferred it.

I will get a real one some day i expect, i quite fancy a maple neck or maybe a 2EQ SR, but other than a nicer finished neck i cant see how it would be an improvement.

Oh, and i much prefer the Ray34 to the Sub i had for a while...Let the flaming commence lol.

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='842154' date='May 19 2010, 03:15 PM']I don't see the reason for your apparent hilarity... ??[/quote]

i thought your comment about robbing sales quite rightly was very true and amusing! .That is all. . .