Why become a member? ×

Wal Midi Bass 4 String 1991 - Sold Through Bassgear.co.uk

Mr Bassman

I had a Wal MKII midi bass (sold it to Spiritchaser)...it allows you to experiment and do some pretty cool stuff and it opens up possibilities which are mindblowing. I used it on a couple of tracks on a solo cd I'm still working on and I had a couple of marimba-and synth-solo's (you can blend the clean bass-sound with the midi-sound). People are amazed how tight the bass and the keyboardplayer play together :)
I have to admit that your playingstyle has to be really precise and balanced. Midi-systems have some difficulty to deal with muted notes which they find hard to "understand" or place. But if you learn to deal with these rules and give the midi-bass "clear" information thanks to a good technique, you can do really inspiring things.
Good luck with the sale !

[quote name='wombatboter' post='842849' date='May 20 2010, 09:56 AM']......if you learn to deal with these rules and give the midi-bass "clear" information thanks to a good technique, you can do really inspiring things.
Good luck with the sale ![/quote]

+1 what Geert said.
I owned a couple of these,the hold facility is great and you can push the midi/triggering boundaries to include looping drum loops etc. if you wanted or whatever direction.(join in on drums to confuse a drummer forever!!) You can change "patch" too by holding down the pedal and just briefly fretting a corresponding note on neck!!
plus you can play real synth bass 'stead of all these emulation pedals.
They're easy to use/figure out too,good luck with the sale!!

[quote name='walplayer' post='843102' date='May 20 2010, 01:20 PM']+1 what Geert said.
I owned a couple of these,the hold facility is great and you can push the midi/triggering boundaries to include looping drum loops etc. if you wanted or whatever direction.(join in on drums to confuse a drummer forever!!) You can change "patch" too by holding down the pedal and just briefly fretting a corresponding note on neck!!
plus you can play real synth bass 'stead of all these emulation pedals.
They're easy to use/figure out too,good luck with the sale!![/quote]

Cheers WP

I've owned this since 1996 and used it for writing backing tracks in cubase

It's also great for transcribing / notating and arranging bass / brass parts etc.

Just play the piece / passage into your favourite music software and edit away!

I do a fair amount of gigs so do not have the time to make good use of it. It's spent most of it's life in it's case, it should be being used.

Edited by Mr Bassman

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='845851' date='May 23 2010, 04:32 PM']Midi bass now on trial with Toasted for a few days[/quote]

Apologies for not updating this thread

My Apple Mac has died :) and caused me loads of hassle :rolleyes: even tho I was backed up with time machine

I can't access the backed up files off a pc :lol: :lol:

Anway, Toasted has returned the Wal and decided against it, although he likes the bass he doesn't dig the Wal sound.

Feel free to ask him about it

The bass is quality and in great nick. I can't imagine anyone will ever get the opportunity to buy a Midibass and the Midisystem, original hardcase and MIDI cables, again - it's like a Wal treasure trove! I'm sorry that this didn't work out for me but I know it will for someone. Feel free to ping me a PM if anyone has any questions about the bass.

[quote name='Toasted' post='862065' date='Jun 9 2010, 01:44 PM']The bass is quality and in great nick. I can't imagine anyone will ever get the opportunity to buy a Midibass and the Midisystem, original hardcase and MIDI cables, again - it's like a Wal treasure trove! I'm sorry that this didn't work out for me but I know it will for someone. Feel free to ping me a PM if anyone has any questions about the bass.[/quote]

thanks for the opportunity to try your Alleva Coppollo Joe, It really has got that vintage vibe and sound, and is very comfortable to play for a five string, not too heavy either!

I could have been tempted, have you deceided to keep it?

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Its a nice looking WAL even without the midi.
Very nice and would love owning a WAL again but Xmas pressies for wife come first I'm afraid.

Good luck and I'm surprised its still for sale after all this time.

Has to be a very rare classic bargain.

Dave

• 1 month later...