Why become a member? ×

Ashdown RPM1 & APM1000, Anyone interested?

kiiight

Anyone interested in these?

Ashdown RPM1 Pre amp and a Ashdown Apm1000 Power amp. I used these for about 18 months and then started to have problems with them.

They've been back to Ashdown about 7 times and they assure me that everything is in tip top shape but I don't agree with them. I still have all the test reports that came back from Ashdown that tell me everything is ok.

When I play through them they sound fine till I play a low D or B on my 5 string bass, then they start to make a farty, distorted noise. It sounds a bit like really loud mains buzz.

I got so annoyed that Ashdown said there was nothing wrong with them that I bought a new amp and two new cabs.

I really want rid of these and if you live near Bradford you can come and try them if you want.

Any reasonable offer or trade considered.

Cheers

Lee

I've tried (nearly)everything.

New battery in the bass. The power amp by it's self.

The only thing I haven't tried is the pre amp with a different power amp, I don't have access to one.

I even tried it again the other night with my new epifani ul212's and it did the same thing, so that ruled the cabs out.

"New battery in the bass. The power amp by it's self.
The only thing I haven't tried is the pre amp with a different power amp, I don't have access to one"

Surely if you tried the power amp on it's own and the problem was still there then it must be the power amp??
I have an rpm-1 pre myself never had no probs with it.
Also if the fault WAS with the pre , then you wouldn't have to wait for someone to let you use their power amp ,you could try it thru anything and the fault would be heard? Even if you made up a mono to stereo connector (out of the full range) output into headphones or just a line out into a mixer or whatever ?

Edited by walplayer