Why become a member? ×

Barefaced Compact + Which head?

JackieMoon

[quote name='JackieMoon' post='830537' date='May 7 2010, 12:02 PM']Hey all,

I'm looking at upgrading in the near future from my marshall Mb4210 to a Barefaced Compact cab and I'm not sure which head.

What would make a good combination with this? I have probably about 3-400 max after buying the cab.

Cheers, JM :)[/quote]

Hiya, you'll probably get a good few replies here. Alex from Barefaced himself might advise you on good combinations,

Cheers

I reckon any of the light weight amps will be fine.

I use a Markbass LMII to great effect with my Compact.

I would say that you should get in touch with Alex of Barefaced. His customer care is second to none and he has experience with all sorts of amps matched with Barefaced cabinets.

Frank.

I went from that combo too to a barefaced compact.

I started with a SVT 3 pro loved the sound and features but not enough power for the compact so I sold that and got the Orange terror bass, much more power and a lot more bass response. I would suggest that but there are loads of other options, the harkte LH500 is a nice transparant valve pre-amped head but it will only output about 250 watt with the 8ohm compact so you could go for the LH1000 but I haven't seen a used one of those, and I don't know how much it would cost new.

• 2 weeks later...

I use a shuttle 9 with a Compact - its an absolute cracker. The Genz gear works well with the barefuced stuff. Not sure how much a used 9 goes for - the 6's are also pretty good, just voiced a little diferenty.

Going to pick up a Midget in the near future to finish the stack - and will be silly loud! :)