Why become a member? ×

Comfort Strapp VS Mono GS1

Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='828300' date='May 5 2010, 11:59 AM']Who distributes their straps?[/quote]

Bernie Goodfellow usually has some in stock. Failing that, you can order them through the Harvest website. Really exceptional quality for a really good price. The soft black nappa strap is the business - super soft and comfortable. Also have two marble - again, beautiful straps - lovely quality leather... not quite as tactile as the nappa though.

I wear my straps short. I get around the length issue by waeving the tail in and out of the slots on the main strap. You can shorten the length by loads.

Your other option is maybe somebody like Bob @ Brookwood Leather. Another guy I would say is the don... he will make you pretty much any style you want, adjustable and fixed length. Fantastic quality.

Yeah, I have a bit of a strap fetish. Richter, Moodys, Levys, Harvest, ComfortStrapp, Mono... I have loads.

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='deksawyer' post='826346' date='May 3 2010, 01:05 PM']I use a Neotech Mega strap with my Wal, which is quite heavy and can easily play a 2 hour set without any shoulder or back pain. Highly recommended. They're about £30.

If you want a slightly longer strap, get the guitar one - exactly the same but a bit longer.

[url="http://www.neotechstraps.com/product/detail/?PRODUCT_ID=12&PRODUCT_SUB_ID=&CATEGORY_ID=5"]http://www.neotechstraps.com/product/detai...p;CATEGORY_ID=5[/url]

D.[/quote]

Jens Ritter sells the same ones for 65€ (!) at Ritter basses. I have them, too, and they are the best weapon for the Wals.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='824629' date='May 1 2010, 10:09 AM']+1 for all this, although oddly the Comfort Strapp was more comfortable for my old Ibanez BTB than the Mono was. Might be something to do with the distribution of weight due to the substantially different shape and size.[/quote]
Just coming back to this because I've had the same weird experience with a different bass. Comfort Strapp much better than the Mono for the ACG Skelf -- just feels [i]right[/i]. Maybe there's no single right answer, even for a particular person.

[quote name='Musicman20' post='830855' date='May 7 2010, 05:41 PM']Thanks for all the input.

Ive looked about and its still back to the Mono vs Comfort Strapp. Are the parts on the CS made from some sort of metal or plastic?[/quote]

The key strap is a foam cushion for the comfort element..and the leather connects to the strap locks..
The only plastic on the strap is very sustantial and I can't imagine what would break it.. maybe getting run over by a very heavy wheeled flightcase but you wouldn't break it by treading on it, IMO

They come in two lenghts. I get mine from the Gallery for £28.00 or so. The first one I got has lasted me 17 years on continuous use and still going strong. I now use two just so I don't have to mess a round with the locks on my two regular gigging basses.