Why become a member? ×

Shuker Classic Jazz. Baby blue. NOW TRADED Thanks Dean!

bobpalt

[b]Shuker Classic Jazz, with hardcase.[/b]

This bass was made only a year or so ago, and is shown on Jons site, where the colour is actually closer to the mark than my photos depict.

Its a beautiful baby (or cornflower) blue, with a maple neck and nice rosewood fingerboard with abalone dots. Straplocks are fitted, and a Hiscox case is included.

I assume that the body is alder, but have to admit I dont really know! All I do know is that with the active Delanos (with passive switch), it sounds brilliant, very "powerful" for want of a better word. The neck is slim and fast, and the whole bass is light and balances well. The only mark I can find on it is a tiny depression on the headstock, which is so small.........

Again, I'm only selling to try to make some space and raise funds for incoming basses, so dont really want trades. I would like [b]£895[/b] firm please.

[attachment=48610:prs_087.jpg] [attachment=48611:blue_shuker.jpg] [attachment=48609:prs_088.jpg]

Edited by bobpalt

[quote name='bobpalt' post='823522' date='Apr 29 2010, 10:57 PM']Yes thanks, thats the one. Looksa bit more like the real colour in those photos.

Cheers,

Bob[/quote]
Used to be mine at one time, it is a fantastic bass & cost me a fair bit more than this, well worth a punt!

[quote name='bobpalt' post='823818' date='Apr 30 2010, 09:47 AM']This was Homers bass! An only child I'm afraid................[/quote]
Oooohmmmmmm. OK. That explains why it looked so familiar then...

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='823958' date='Apr 30 2010, 12:44 PM']I really really loved this bass but the truth is, I'm much more comfortable on a 5 banger. It's the nicest Jazz I've ever played and Bob's a top bloke to deal with - buy with absolute confidence. :)[/quote]

Many thanks for your kind words Alan!

Bob

*sob* I really like this Bob. Wish I was in a position to take this off your hands but have other responsibilities at the moment. Will have to pop over and see you again one of these days, although I generally have a mini-me in tow!

Buy with confidence folks, Bob is a great bloke with an alarming fetish for guitars and basses.

Matt

[quote name='parker_muse' post='825222' date='May 1 2010, 10:58 PM']Sorry to hijack this thread - Mokl, where is somewhere between Malvern and Gloucester? I live in Ashleworth just past Hartpury, and right near Tewks. I never knew there were other BC's from literally just around the corner from here![/quote]

Matt is from Redmarley (I think!), I'm from Tewkesbury (used to be Apperley), as are a few of the other Basschatters. We could have our own North Gloucestershire mini bass bash!

Bob

[quote name='Mokl' post='825324' date='May 2 2010, 09:12 AM']Formerly Redmarley, now tucked away near Dymock. N. Glos mini bash sounds fun, but let's not derail the thread![/quote]

I'm a member of Dymock Grange Golf Club! Its a small world.............

Cheers,

Bob

Its most likely worth it, but im a student without work at the moment.

I know shuker makes some great basses, but how much would this cost to build new and how does your price compare to how much shuker would charge? Maybe that could put people off?

NOTE: I'm NOT trying to start anything or claiming its too much as it IS a high end bass.

[quote name='amenra' post='834807' date='May 11 2010, 10:38 PM']I would offer £800.00 but would require you meeting in Birmingham or Nottingham for change over if intrested please ring me on 07977-492279 cheers Robbo[/quote]
Its looks stunning "in the flesh" + top draw build & has a sound to die for, can't believe nobody has bought it, I guess its a sign of the times, everyones skint!

[quote name='giblett123' post='837512' date='May 14 2010, 07:10 PM']Its looks stunning "in the flesh" + top draw build & has a sound to die for, can't believe nobody has bought it, I guess its a sign of the times, everyones skint![/quote]

I have got a possible swap pending (yes, I know that I said I didnt want trades, but I have this problem that when people offer me nice things I find it hard to say no....), but it is technically still available.

[quote name='richardd' post='837889' date='May 15 2010, 08:21 AM']:) Hi Bob Trade for my Valenti no42 :rolleyes:[/quote]

Aaaargh! All these choices all of a sudden! I have promised this other chap that I would look at his bass first, so can I get back to you if its a no go?

Many thanks,

Bob