Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky with Nordstrands for sale

tonyxtiger

I have an immaculate lace placid blue Sadowsky for sale if anyone is interested. Best playing and sounding Jazz I've ever owned. Nordstrand big singles (amazing open single coils) and preamp with bass treble stack / tone / vol / vol.
active bass with a killer passive sound too. Sadowsky strings. Maple neck black block and bound. Hard case included.
Looking for offers around £1500.00 and no trades. It's a fundraiser!
I also have a keely rat bass distortion and soon a john east J retro preamp if anyone is interested send me a message.
[attachment=48388:IMG_3305.JPG]
[attachment=48387:IMG_3312.JPG]
[attachment=48386:IMG_3306.JPG]
[attachment=48385:IMG_3311.JPG]

[quote name='dr1' post='822086' date='Apr 28 2010, 03:14 PM']that should be USA[/quote]

I believe this is a Japanese UV70 Metro instead (do not get me wrong, they are also very good indeed). First of all, USA instruments have a slightly different logo on the headstock, that says "Sadowsky Guitars - NYC", and second because Roger says that blocks and binding are not available even as an option on NYC instruments (I've asked him personally and it's also on the website). Moreover, the asking price for a similar NYC would be higher.

Nonetheless a great bass

[quote name='Apothem' post='822111' date='Apr 28 2010, 04:30 PM']I believe this is a Japanese UV70 Metro instead (do not get me wrong, they are also very good indeed). First of all, USA instruments have a slightly different logo on the headstock, that says "Sadowsky Guitars - NYC", and second because Roger says that blocks and binding are not available even as an option on NYC instruments (I've asked him personally and it's also on the website). Moreover, the asking price for a similar NYC would be higher.

Nonetheless a great bass[/quote]

Thanks for that - I assumed it was Japanese because I couldn't ever remember seeing blocks on an NYC :)

[quote name='Apothem' post='822111' date='Apr 28 2010, 03:30 PM']I believe this is a Japanese UV70 Metro instead (do not get me wrong, they are also very good indeed). First of all, USA instruments have a slightly different logo on the headstock, that says "Sadowsky Guitars - NYC", and second because Roger says that blocks and binding are not available even as an option on NYC instruments (I've asked him personally and it's also on the website). Moreover, the asking price for a similar NYC would be higher.

Nonetheless a great bass[/quote]

not that familiar with sadowsky, had a chance to play one american tho... i thought that metro has "metro" on the headstock or something like that.