Why become a member? ×

Aria SB's New Arrivals!

bassatnight

I agree, a really lovely finish.

I am so pleased with them both, they are in excellent condition and the necks are perfect. The guy I bought them off has really looked after them he even had the original tags and documents! I didn't leave him short as he still has several others including a beautiful SB1000 with a Paduk finish and a similar grain to my Walnut one.

I couldn't help but run through a few old John Taylor and Les Nemes bass lines.... Showing my age, and sadly I have not aged as well as these two!

Steve.[quote name='Bloodaxe' post='809729' date='Apr 17 2010, 07:02 PM']Love the grain on the 1000. Needs some photo's in the sunshine I reckon.

Pete.[/quote]

[quote name='bassatnight' post='809558' date='Apr 17 2010, 04:49 PM']Bought these two hunnies of E-Bay, a SB1000 and a SB700

Lovely!!!!![/quote]
My word Steve, that SB1000 is a stunner - even nicer than mine :)

How much did these set you back? And what made you return to the SBs after your flirtation with the Jazzes and Sadowsky? How's the Wal hunt going?Found anything yet?

Derrick

Hi Derrick,

Good to hear from you, to be honest I have been toying with getting one for a while - I don't think I appreciated what a unique sound the SB1000 has until it was gone! ;-)

I thought I might go for a SB700 as its basically the passive version of the 1000 (so much lighter!) when I spotted this pair on E-Bay, did a deal with the owner and picked them both up for £1200, I thought it was a fair price as SB1000's change hands for 600/700 these days and the 700 aren't far behind and they are almost new, the guy really looked after them from new. Broke his heart to sell them - but as I said he has more to fall back on.

I think the SB's are a work of art! (and I know you do too!)

All the best mate,

Steve.[quote name='lapolpora' post='811608' date='Apr 19 2010, 06:00 PM']My word Steve, that SB1000 is a stunner - even nicer than mine :)

How much did these set you back? And what made you return to the SBs after your flirtation with the Jazzes and Sadowsky? How's the Wal hunt going?Found anything yet?

Derrick[/quote]

Hey steve i think these are a work of art too mate and have just bought myself an 83 model in poduk finish and am loving it to bits , and am cracking out the jt bass lines but nothing new there really as i do a bit in a duran tribute band from time to time. :)

So nice these 2 Steve. Playing Rio on my Status just doesn't sound the same!

I really wanted an SB900 when I was a lad studying in Brum at a time when the bass of the moment was THE Aria SB. I had to contend myself with my relatively cheap Fender JV........