Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN

BoomBass

[quote name='molan' post='807135' date='Apr 15 2010, 12:52 PM']Hi Boom,

I have to ask the usual question about how much it weighs?

I've seen Celinders varying from between 11lbs down to just under 9lbs so there's quite a big variation :)[/quote]

I don't have a scale right here, but it is much lighter than the other Celinder I had up for sale recently. I'd say around 9 lbs. 10 lbs. tops.

Edited by BoomBass

• 5 weeks later...

Sound clip added bump

1) [url="http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/30/1308720//Update4_1.mp3"]Fingerstyle: both pups full, preamp slightly boosted (bass/treble), played over the neck pup.[/url]

2) [url="http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/7/30/1308720//Update4_2.mp3"]Slap: same as above only an additional treble boost[/url] (old strings, you know...)

[quote name='molan' post='843449' date='May 20 2010, 07:32 PM']Do you know which pre-amp this has?

Doesn't look like the Greengrove active units he uses these days/[/quote]

Nope, it's the CP-I, the predecessor to the CP-IIIA that Chris uses currently (which is not identical to the Greengrove, BW).

It sound a little different, but just as good, IMO.

Hey Boom - do you know if a bass imported from Denmark is subject to VAT & Import duties when it hits the UK?

I've been told by someone in the past that there were additional duties on a Danish import even though Denmark is in the EU :)

Edited by molan

[quote name='molan' post='848762' date='May 26 2010, 05:12 PM']Hey Boom - do you know if a bass imported from Denmark is subject to VAT & Import duties when it hits the UK?

I've been told by someone in the past that there were additional duties on a Danish import even though Denmark is in the EU :)[/quote]

Hi Molan,

I actually don't know, but I do know that I have bought quite a few basses in the UK, and they have never been subject to any VAT or import duties. Overall, I find it very hard to imagine that you'd have to pay anything, and I am sure that VAT is definitely out of the question. Import duties also sound unlikely within the UK - that's the whole idea, right? Free movement of goods, services and workforce...

I have shipped a few basses to Germany in the past, and they were never subject to additional taxes neither.

[quote name='BoomBass' post='848793' date='May 26 2010, 06:58 PM']Hi Molan,

I actually don't know, but I do know that I have bought quite a few basses in the UK, and they have never been subject to any VAT or import duties. Overall, I find it very hard to imagine that you'd have to pay anything, and I am sure that VAT is definitely out of the question. Import duties also sound unlikely within the UK - that's the whole idea, right? Free movement of goods, services and workforce...

I have shipped a few basses to Germany in the past, and they were never subject to additional taxes neither.[/quote]

Thanks Boom,

it was a Danish guy that told me import duties & VAT were payable - I actually pulled back on a deal becuase of this!

I must admit that I thought there was free trade across all EU member countries. I'll try to do some more digging :)

[quote name='molan' post='848762' date='May 26 2010, 06:12 PM']Hey Boom - do you know if a bass imported from Denmark is subject to VAT & Import duties when it hits the UK?

I've been told by someone in the past that there were additional duties on a Danish import even though Denmark is in the EU :)[/quote]

No VAT or any other taxes are payable when importing to UK from Denmark

VAT would only become due when importing from outside of the EU

[quote name='Platypus' post='848953' date='May 26 2010, 08:44 PM']No VAT or any other taxes are payable when importing to UK from Denmark

VAT would only become due when importing from outside of the EU[/quote]

Thanks for clarifying that! :)