Why become a member? ×

AMPEG SVT-AV for Orange AD200B NOW SOLD

[size=3]Hi Everyone,
[size=4]
Now thinking of selling too for £850[/size]

I’m looking to trade my U.S.A made Ampeg SVT AV(Anniversary Version) with an Orange Ad200B amp. I realise most people tend to keep their Orange amps, but someone may be looking for a change of amp or a bit more power.

I bought this Ampeg off Cameron here on basschat a while ago, and despite totally loving the amp (in every way), it’s just too heavy for my current gigging needs and so isn’t getting used, plus I don’t have a suitable 4 Ohm cab to use with the amp- I only have a 8 Ohm cab.

Despite knowing I’ll really regret this-I’d like to trade it...

•[i]It’s a made in U.S.A SLM Electronics model (2007)

•Immaculate (as new) condition throughout, minimal usage by me, tubes look and perform as brand new.

•300W all tube power (see photo for tube line up) at 4 or 2 Ohms.

•Comes with original receipt and documentation.

•Nice simple 3 band EQ plus 5 position midrange frequency range switch.

•Rear self bias pots and indicators following power tube replacement.

•This amp really sounds great with the right cab.

•Comes with Castle cases ‘liftoff’ flight case (£150)[/i] [url="http://shop.castlecases.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=29_37&products_id=74"]http://shop.castlecases.co.uk/product_info...;products_id=74[/url]

This amp is heavy, plus the flightcase adds a bit of weight-Its typically a two man lift.

I’m based in Bristol, but would travel for the right exchange, as discussed I only currently have a 400W 8 Ohm cab so can’t demo-I recommend it’s tested with the new owners cab.

Cheers Neil [/size]

Edited by orangepeelneil

[size=3]Hi Oli,

Yeah I has considered that, but the weight of the amp ~35Kg plus the flightcase still is a big consideration.

I'm favoring my TE 2x10" combo at the moment, think the Orange Ad200B is around 20Kg

It's not an easy choice letting the SVT go, I'd wanted one for nearly 10 years.

Cheers Neil [/size]