Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger

Musicman20

I have 2 GK amps - my regular gig amp is a 700RB-II which I've had for around 3 years with no probs whatsoever.
Its loud,not heavy and has great eq for any cab I end up using. Only thing I'd consider swapping to would be a 1000RB just for
the increased headroom when using one 8 ohm cab.
Also got a 'vintage' RB800, which is my favourite amp (apart from my old long gone SVT). It's a keeper.

[quote name='didle' post='818373' date='Apr 25 2010, 07:44 PM']I've been using my Fusion 550 for almost a month now. It sounds great - so much punch it's hard to believe. The two channels are fantastic, having two different sounds available for pick and finger style. I know most heads these days come with a tuning mute but that's also a godsend.

I running it through an old Hartke 4x10 Transporter and it sounds incredible. I've got 1x15 and 2x10 NEO cabs on order from the Bass Center so once those arrived I'll be GK'd to the max :-)

My only complaint is that the stuff is so hard to come by here. The distributor had the 1x15 in stock but I have to wait for the 2x10 to be shipped from the US. I managed to find 2 Fusion 550s in the whole country when I was ready to buy - crazy!

Cheers,
Doug[/quote]

Does the 550 have parametric EQ?

I see the spec is [quote]Variable Contour with Mid Frequency select[/quote], but no more detail.

• 2 weeks later...

Just acquired an MB2 500. Can't quite get my head round the fact that something so small and light can produce such powerful bass :)

Had a quick play with it and it sounds great (Ric bass and Ashdown cabs), so +several thousand to all posts in praise of this mighty atom.

I have had my GK MB210 a week and it is a great amp .
Very powerful compared to the Marshall MB4210 I had previously which was a massive let down volume wise .
My drummer loves it for its power and tone !!
And the weight is fantastic, to be able to pick up a 2x10 bass amp with just two fingers is sooooooo good .

GK have got a winner with the MB210 .
I will get the GK MBE2x10 extension cabinet when they come out in the UK in August, just for bigger venues and the pose value, I dont see it being necessary for most gigs though as this amp has a lot of headroom !

I love GK stuff.
Especially their 400 and 800RB, RBX cabs and Backline series.
I use Backline 112 combo for home practice and small jams and I love the sound as much as I love the sound of my main gig rig (SVT-3 and 810"fridge")

Light, loud, punchy, powerfull. With great, dirty growl. Amazing amps

• 1 month later...

I have a GK Neo 212 which is quite a thunderous cab. I find the treble to be harsh at times but that would be the only fault I'd find with it. I have a decision to make now, I can either buy a Neo 410 to go with the 212 and complete my current gigging rig or I could buy a 700RB-II which I don't necessarily need as I already have 2 other heads already but I've had G.A.S for it for quite some time!

Just as a personal update for this thread, I got another 210RBH (so that's 700RB-II into 2x210RBHs).

Can't imagine I'd ever need a louder amp, when needed I can just take along one of the 210s and it manages (just, but if the space is needed, it's ok).

Anyone that uses 2x410RBHs must be insane or deaf, I can't imagine ever needing that much volume..ever. But they do look awesome! hehe

Hey Dude

Thanks for the update. Glad to see some more RBH cabs on the scene. I used to run a 700rb-II into a 410rbh and that was more then enough for 95% of gigs. I do now run a 2001rb and 2 x 410RBH cabs for the very big gigs, festival appearances and such. Then i use an 800rb with 1 x 410rbh for everything else.

I also compete with 2 Marshall stacks at gigs.

The reason behind getting the 2001rb was for the following;
1. Distortion Channel
2. Wiring flexibility (all the inputs and outputs are on the rear which is more suited to my rackmount gear)
3. Footswitchable Channels and Tuner Mute (something the SHOULD put on the other models)
4. I have 4 ohm cabs so i can get full power from my 800rb with just one cab. But i cannot run 2 x 4ohm cabs from a 700rb etc.
5. Its looks amazing.
6. I get my gear direct from distributor, which saves me a bucket load.

[quote name='ThomBassmonkey' post='874153' date='Jun 22 2010, 09:22 AM']Just as a personal update for this thread, I got another 210RBH (so that's 700RB-II into 2x210RBHs).

Can't imagine I'd ever need a louder amp, when needed I can just take along one of the 210s and it manages (just, but if the space is needed, it's ok).

Anyone that uses 2x410RBHs must be insane or deaf, I can't imagine ever needing that much volume..ever. But they do look awesome! hehe[/quote]

Been using a 1001RB-II for quite a while now... a great work horse, really like the tone.

Seems I've had a strange problem recently... 2 gigs over the last couple of months have had dodgy electricity... marquee jobs, [i]One 13amp socket powering all including lights(!!)[/i] ...& my amp struggled... volume dropping, fading in & out... not sure what to make of it.

No problem when it gets enough juice, as it does at most gigs with proper power... anyone else experienced this kind of thing?

Very frustrating, it was!.... twice!

:)

• 7 years later...
Guest subaudio

Sorry to zombie an old thread but I cant find the info I'm after.

Does anyone use a Gallien Krueger neo 4x10 cab with an active 5 string?

Amp wise I'm pretty much set on a GK 1001, my bass is a Warwick Thumb 6.

Would the neo 410 handle it for not through pa pub gigs, possibly theatre and small festivals?

Cheers :)

Not quite OT, but I run a GK1001RB into a GK Neo410. Use it with an active
Fender Precision Lyte 4 string, and it's never struggled for volume/tone in any of
the venues I've used it. We play mainly theatres / occasional outdoor stuff , bass
DI'd into the PA.
I would imagine a 5-er would be no problem too.

Guest subaudio

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1502484138' post='3351836']
Not quite OT, but I run a GK1001RB into a GK Neo410. Use it with an active
Fender Precision Lyte 4 string, and it's never struggled for volume/tone in any of
the venues I've used it. We play mainly theatres / occasional outdoor stuff , bass
DI'd into the PA.
I would imagine a 5-er would be no problem too.
[/quote]

Cheers for that CasaPete.
Anyone used an active 5?

Not quite what your after; but I've run a 6 string Thumb through GK rb1001 m2 and neo 2x12 and 1x15, separate and together etc, with no issues at all. I'm sure the 4x10 will be more than capable. The 1001 is specifically voiced for a low B, and the neo's are built to support that. Great rig, awesome sounding! And very LOUD.

Edited by Musashimonkey

Guest subaudio

[quote name='Musashimonkey' timestamp='1502603430' post='3352364']
Not quite what your after; but I've run a 6 string Thumb through GK rb1001 m2 and neo 2x12 and 1x15, separate and together etc, with no issues at all. I'm sure the 4x10 will be more than capable. The 1001 is specifically voiced for a low B, and the neo's are built to support that. Great rig, awesome sounding! And very LOUD.
[/quote]
Nice one, thanks for that.
Would a single neo 2x12 cope do you think.
I do love GK gear :) I've had the head before running two 2x10 rbh but that was for double bass.

• 2 weeks later...

I run a 1001RB head into two BFM Jack 12 cabs. I sold my 410RBH and 115RBH cabs because they couldn't compete!

Anyways, a very loud, punchy head with a great EQ. It must be my ears because I don't find the boost makes a loot of difference to the sound other than making it louder.

I also have 400RB and 2001RB head.