Why become a member? ×

Trace Elliot 1248H 4x12" cab £250 delivered, £200 collected

Delberthot

I did have this in the Ebay listings sub-forum but thought I'd bring it into the main section.

To give you a bit of a background, I had wanted one of these for years and when the opportunity came up to get one from a forum member I jumped at the chance.

This is one of the rare cabs that were specifically designed to complement the Trace valve gear.

PRICEDROP - I am now able to deliver this to mainland UK for £250 including courier or £200 collected.

I'd also prefer bank transfer or cash if collecting, otherwise I'd have to charge extra to cover the Paypal fees

Condition wise, the carpet covering is bobbled as would be expected for a well gigged Trace cab. Structurally it is solid and everything works as it should. Unusually it has a cloth grill but underneath this is the traditional Trace metal grill to protect the drivers from over exuberant musucians/punters.

The cab is rated at 800w at 8ohms and also has a horn tweeter with attenuator on the back. Connections are usual trace 1/4" jack and XLRs.

I have fitted wheels to this to make it easier to move.

Soundwise, this cab is an absolute beast. Very deep yet clear. Some would categorise it as a classic rock cab but I used it equally as well in my wedding band.

The only reason I am selling it is that I managed to find a 1524 that I have been looking for equally as long as I had been looking for this and it suits my sound better.

Edited by Delberthot

Tequila was sh*t, Alice was a much better song (and from their best album IMHO) :rolleyes:

These cabs are MONSTER, if I had arms like Popeye I'd think about buying it, but I don't. I'm not convinced the missus would appreciate it either, nor the band :)

it weighs about 45kg apparently but doesn't feel it. The only difficulty I've had lifting it is the width of it. Its wider than a normal bass cab but once you get your arms round it its fine.

I had to lift my 2x15" myself on Saturday up 30 large metal twisty stairs - now that was a challenge.

For collection only I would include a brand new, unused stair climbing trolley. It has 3 wheels to negotiate stairs. The footplate is about normal size but it has a second footplate that drops down to take deeper stuff such as this cab. So for anyone who isn't Popeye and doesn't like the song Tequila I would include this for and extra £30 :)

Monster is exactly how I would describe it and to think that these were designed to be used with another 1248 or the matching 2x15". For someone looking for a 1 cab rig that you can use with or without PA support in most venues then this is it.

Edited by Delberthot

a bump to let anyone interested know that this is only available here until someone puts a bid in or hits the BIN button on my Egay auction

Also for anyone worried about the weight - I am no muscle man. I can easily get this in and out of the car and the wheels make it a breeze to move about and if there are too many stairs then its a walk in the park with a 2 man lift and remember, if you are collecting I can include the stairclimber trolley for much cheapness.

The weight is well worth it for the sound you get from it.

What kind of trades are you thinking about for the amp?

edit: Just read a list of basses above, anything else you're after? Just wondering :)
I might have my modded OLP Stingray available, pending someone else not wanting it. Bart pickup, East 2 band 18v pre, Schaller tuners

Si

I've removed all the unnecessary posts to make it easier to read.

I'd much prefer a straight sale but am willing to take a trade on the understanding I will probably sell whatever I get as a trade

I'm going to use my 2x15" cab for one gig and this one for another this weekend and may very well either end up keeping both or may change my mind and sell the 2x15"

Who knows? I certainly don't :)

Edited by Delberthot