Why become a member? ×

Tell me im stupid

throwoff

And here's me thinking that two GS112's is a bit excessive when playing in my 10-piece soul band! :)

Although, I have personally always wanted to do the dual setup thing. Have been toying with the idea of experimenting running a split of my signal through a high-pass filter to a distorted guitar amp and possibly a POG or some sort of harmonizer type thingy to bulk up the sound on certain songs in my 3 piece pub band... Its VERY tempting to give it a go.

We`ve all done this I am sure but will you regret it?- of course you will.

I have two Schroeder cabs- a 2 X 12 and a 2 X 15- can carry them each in one hand- two trips at most into the venue. Will go so loud with my Markbass and LG amps- can effectively drown out the band. You really dont need any more than a 2X12 nowadays. Your present rig will be classed as over the top in most circles.

A hassle to move, transport and set up. The worst thing is at a gig thinking that you have to take it all down at the end of the night.

Dont do it!! I think more people will be impressed with a megalight rig that sounds amazing nowadays.

Bob

[quote name='Daquifsta' post='790926' date='Mar 30 2010, 06:49 PM']I think the only way you could make the look of a 2 x 8 x 10 rig any better, especially if your guitar peeps have 1 x 12's, would be if you yourself were slightly shorter than an 8 x 10, and wore a genuine German tank driver's helmet. This was the look my band's previous bass player perfected :-)[/quote]

That is very, very cool, any pics?

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='790708' date='Mar 30 2010, 03:38 PM']it would look great with one stack either side of your drummist![/quote]

Stack them both in front of the drummer.Reminds me Back in the Day (as I believe the youths say now,I am quite old) when I had a 1K rig comprising 2 1x 18,s and 2 1x12s.This may have been a contributary factor in spending 10 years of my life with a spinal injury.

I still have a BIG trace rig and have even got rid of bits of it here...and there....
But the feeling of a BIG rig behined you is like nowt else and when youve tried it, you never want to go back......(despite some times wanting to KWIM?)
speaking of backs, that Is the down side but yeah .....give it a go, you'll enjoy the playing and hate the lifting, but ,as (Conan?) says dont be "what if?"!!!!
send us some pics from a gig!
DO IT!
ATB
W