Why become a member? ×

Wal MK1 Fretless

andyorks

Here for sale is my beautiful 2001 Wal MK1 fretless 4 string bass with American Walnut facings on Mahogany core. The bass has never been gigged or in fact played for more than a couple of hours, it is in immaculate factory condition, all original and fully working. I am confident that this is best example of an original Wal out there, made by Pete in October 2001. It plays very well indeed and is currently set up with Elixir 45-100 strings.
£3500 cash on collection only!
Please PM me for further details, feel free to come and try the bass, I live between Sheffield and Manchester.
[attachment=46015:walwindowall.jpg] [attachment=46013:walfront.jpg] [attachment=46012:Walcaseall.jpg][attachment=46014:WalBack.jpg] [attachment=46016:Walheadfront.jpg][attachment=46017:Walheadback.jpg][attachment=46108:all2.jpg] [attachment=46109:close2.jpg] [attachment=46110:fboard2.jpg]

Edited by andyorks

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='790149' date='Mar 30 2010, 12:19 AM']Thanks for that, it's a tad heavier than my mk11 midi (approx 9.4lbs)

Keith[/quote]
I'll weigh it properly tomorrow, I used a rubbish luggage scale, I'll get the exact weight in the morning.

[quote name='witterth' post='802450' date='Apr 11 2010, 11:31 AM']Three and a half???
for a Guitar?[/quote]

It worth for this one but take a look at this:
[url="http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647160"]http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=647160[/url]

[quote name='witterth' post='802450' date='Apr 11 2010, 11:31 AM']Three and a half???
for a Guitar?

well, bump anyway..... allways wanted one of those wals
hope you get your asking price.....

bet its good

but... Three and a half(!!)
blood and snot!!
:rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]

MB1. :)
..Youll not be taking a walk Through ALEMBIC Country Then? :lol:
Nice Bass by the Way!...ave a BUMP!

Edited by MB1

[quote name='bassatnight' post='802409' date='Apr 11 2010, 10:38 AM']Would love this, clearly well looked after but that price is too close to a new one for me.

You have a lovely bass sir![/quote]
Hi
This bass is as new not just in good condition and it was built by the people who made Wal great. A new one is just a bass built under license, very good but it's never going to be the same as owning a real Wal.
I think it is priced about right, it will cost you £3300 for a new one, you'll have to wait a while, it's a voyage into the unknown and it never have a collectable value. This one however is a classic, £3500 seems a fair price.

[quote name='andyorks' post='803401' date='Apr 12 2010, 09:15 AM']Hi
This bass is as new not just in good condition and it was built by the people who made Wal great. A new one is just a bass built under license, very good but it's never going to be the same as owning a real Wal.
I think it is priced about right, it will cost you £3300 for a new one, you'll have to wait a while, it's a voyage into the unknown and it never have a collectable value. This one however is a classic, £3500 seems a fair price.[/quote]

I sold a similar one about a year ago (not a scratch on it), I asked for 2500 euros (even at that price it took quite some time to sell it (only one person was interested)).
But if you find the right person at the right time, you might pull if off. I think that in the States there is a bigger market when you want to achieve this sort of price for a Wal bass.