Why become a member? ×

Iceni Zoot 5 Special

sk8

[quote name='MacDaddy' post='1028420' date='Nov 18 2010, 08:54 PM']wowzers! :)

how does it feel, weight and balance-wise?[/quote]
just picked it up. Feels very good, very tactile and weight wise it appears to weigh less than my MIA P. Will put it on a strap when i get home :)

I should say that I had my hands on this beast for a short while, and it's lovely. Sustain that goes on and on and on, and really "alive" feeling. With the vintage tone filter backed right off, it almost gives out the sound/vibe of when you pluck one of the low strings inside a piano - really resonant. With the VTF engaged, you can get some more trad sounds from it too. Didn't have time to play with the pickup options or other knobbage, though.

Okay finally managed to plug this in and have a play. Was through the Session 60 with headphones and then very low volume as daughter was in bed.

Initially i just played with the knobs and switches to find out how they worked/affected the tones. A lot of tones in there changable at the flick of a switch. Found a sound i liked so stuck with that.

Right, on to the playing. After the initial 'oh my god, what have i done! Should have gone for a four' moment i settled down and after 20 minutes of playing it was starting to feel comfortable and i had nealry managed to connect my hands!!

It always surprises me just how low the low B is!

Working from home for a couple fo days next week and the house will be empty so will have a play through the LB and Purple CHili 112 at some volume to get a better impression of its tonal properties. Although i'm favouring a P Bass type tone

All in all very pleased and mikes workmanship is top notch.

was it worth the wait? Definitely. Will i be able to do it justice with my playing? Maybe