Why become a member? ×

hello from cornwall

gub

Hi all just thought i would say a quick hello ,i have just got back into playing bass after a long break from it , i used to play for a living many years ago but then moved to cornwall and never really got together with any bands or kept my hand in but hey o i am back now. had the privaledge of playing with a few members of elo in the late 80s in a spin off band called orkestra which was a great experience for me !
but here in the present just got together with a female singer and male rhythm guitarist and now on the look out for a drummer and maybe keyboard player and in a perfect world a lead guitar as well . we are mostly doing blondie, the mac , bit of clash , and other late 70s early 80s stuff.
am on the lookout for a good amp now as i only have a practice one atm . :)

[quote name='gub' post='788022' date='Mar 27 2010, 05:11 PM']Hi all just thought i would say a quick hello ,i have just got back into playing bass after a long break from it , i used to play for a living many years ago but then moved to cornwall and never really got together with any bands or kept my hand in but hey o i am back now. had the privaledge of playing with a few members of elo in the late 80s in a spin off band called orkestra which was a great experience for me !
but here in the present just got together with a female singer and male rhythm guitarist and now on the look out for a drummer and maybe keyboard player and in a perfect world a lead guitar as well . we are mostly doing blondie, the mac , bit of clash , and other late 70s early 80s stuff.
am on the lookout for a good amp now as i only have a practice one atm . :)[/quote]

Welcome, that man!

Where'bouts in Cornwall?

Good amps abound in the For Sale pages on here - you'll be spoilt for choice!

Pete.

Its great reading the posts . This site is cool in that its based in the UK and I hear from those outside of the USA. I do also post on talkbass.com... I am still not activly playing after many years of in activity but most recently I started to catch up by taking guitar and drums lessons. I went to school (even got a Music deg. ) on String Bass many years ago , no equipment but a desire to get going again. Getting older will do this to you! The music lessons serves to get new skills
but more important is to get back in touch with working musicians. This sounds trivial but I've been out of it for so long that I don't even know the current song lists to learn to get back with a band or at the very least to start jamming......I've been amassing a whole lot of bass equipment as well as guitars , etc. One thing I bring to the table is a first hand knowledge of fender basses, fender amps and of course Ampegs. I bought too much of everything but soon I'll begin to sell off. That's enough out of me, I dont want come off as a snot, which I don't think I am .
...Everyone have a great weekend.................................................. :)

Gub, welcome from S'nozzle. There's a few boys from down this end on here.
Florida_RRoe7_A (mate, you have to do something about that username! :) ) welcome also. I know what it's like getting back into playing after a long time away, but you'll soon pick it up and be fully au fait with what's about-I have forums like this to thank for getting me back into the swing four years ago. Which bit of Florida you in? Only been once (Orlando,of course)-loved it there.