Why become a member? ×

Alleva Coppolo KBP5 TRADED TRADED

Flanker

This is a stunning bass. I agree with everyone else, crazy its not sold on here. It would keep its value too. If your thinking about it it is unmarked and Steve is great to deal with and always has some interesting toys if you go to pick it up too!

Thanks Molan it's that bass. At this point I'm considering keeping it and maybe adding a J pickup.........????

Part Trades I'm interested in.........

Fretless
P Bass
Japanese P or J basses
Preamps
1u poweramps

Pretty much anything considered. :)

[quote name='Flanker' post='842254' date='May 19 2010, 04:59 PM']Thanks Molan it's that bass. At this point I'm considering keeping it and maybe adding a J pickup.........????

Part Trades I'm interested in.........

Fretless
P Bass
Japanese P or J basses
Preamps
1u poweramps

Pretty much anything considered. :rolleyes:[/quote]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=88240&st=0&p=838942&#entry838942"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry838942[/url]

Part trade for this? I live in Milton Keynes too, easy exchange :)

I have just played this bass again and its as good as I remembered it. You will not get a better 5 string passive P bass anywhere on the planet.
I am no fan of antigua but this bass is stunning in the flesh, its more of a grey burst and the fingerboard wood is delightful.

I told Steve that he is mad to be selling this as it would cost well over £3000 to get one of these from the States.

Steve

[quote name='birdy' post='843268' date='May 20 2010, 04:31 PM']I have just played this bass again and its as good as I remembered it. You will not get a better 5 string passive P bass anywhere on the planet.
I am no fan of antigua but this bass is stunning in the flesh, its more of a grey burst and the fingerboard wood is delightful.

I told Steve that he is mad to be selling this as it would cost well over £3000 to get one of these from the States.

Steve[/quote]

+1 to all of the above!

As Loz mentioned earlier, the list on these from Jimmy is now up around the $5,000 mark without shipping or import duties etc.

[quote name='molan' post='843325' date='May 20 2010, 04:39 PM']As Loz mentioned earlier, the list on these from Jimmy is now up around the $5,000 mark without shipping or import duties etc.[/quote]

I recently required prices from Jimmy, an according to the list I got, a KBP5 Standard is $3,345, but he said that shipping to Denmark would be around $400 (which means no USPS, I guess), so in total and including custom duties (in Denmark) the final price would be a staggering $4,831. But that is including shipping and taxes... (Danish taxes and VAT, though, and I think that is more reasonable in the UK).

However, this bass is still an incredible bargain. Had I not had an LM5 on the top of my list - and bought one just last week - I would have taken this one!

Edited by BoomBass

[quote name='BoomBass' post='843440' date='May 20 2010, 07:18 PM'](Danish taxes and VAT, though, and I think that is more reasonable in the UK).[/quote]
Hmmm...not for long!

If I remember correctly, VAT is 25% in DK and duty around 5% - so around £4.3k to get a KBP into the UK? This makes the antigua precision an absolute bargain!

[quote name='lozbass' post='844858' date='May 22 2010, 08:14 AM']Hmmm...not for long!

If I remember correctly, VAT is 25% in DK and duty around 5% - so around £4.3k to get a KBP into the UK? This makes the antigua precision an absolute bargain![/quote]

VAT in DK is 25%, and tax is 3%, but accumulated it is 28,75% plus they add a standard £21 administration fee.

So, as I said, importing a new KBP5 into Denmark would cost $4831 (given the shipping cost is $400), which roughly equals £3360 (plus the £21 fee). But still, an absolute bargain - and one I am still monitoring quite closely... ;-)