Why become a member? ×

I had no idea but my old band has a Wikipedia page

Linus27

This has taken me by quite a surprise but my old band has a Wikipedia page. I have no idea who wrote it but the details are spot on. It even has all the codes for the releases. Quite cool and very chuffed but it really took me by surprise, especially as I found it by mistake.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter_(band)"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inter_(band)[/url]

[quote name='EdwardHimself' post='783799' date='Mar 23 2010, 06:39 PM']omfg. How exciting. You have to be really big to make it onto wikipedia without being deleted (trust me, i've tried lolz)[/quote]

No way, really? I don't know much about it to be honest apart from its somewhere I go now and again to get info on stuff and everyone seems to link to it.

Edited by Linus27

[quote name='Marvin' post='783865' date='Mar 23 2010, 07:44 PM']Cool as mate :)

I'm with OldGit though and am going to be editing and adding :rolleyes:

Well done[/quote]

Bad monkey, no more pretty pictures for you now. Its going to be Vera Duckworth and Nora Batty from now on :lol: :lol:

[quote name='BurritoBass' post='783912' date='Mar 23 2010, 08:18 PM']They will delete a lot of smaller band pages & they frown on people writing about themselves. This page looks pretty well established so I think you are in![/quote]

Woohoo, great stuff. How can I find out who did it? I would like them to add some more info like the Q Magazine album review, Casio watch advert, a bit about the second album that was never released and the bit where I ran off with Natalie Imbruglia. Ok that last bit never happened :):):rolleyes:

'The kings of the catchy cheesy chorus' - Melody Maker

Thats one double edged compliment isnt it! :)

'The best pop song in the last 30 years' (Happy Ending) - John Peel

Mind you, that I would find hard not to have engraved on my body if it were about one of my band's songs, and said by that man!

Kudos to you sir!!

[quote name='Linus27' post='783922' date='Mar 23 2010, 08:22 PM']Woohoo, great stuff. How can I find out who did it?[/quote]
Y'see up at the top, there are some tabs? One's labelled "history". Click it, and you'll see the revision history for the page. It looks like a Wikipedia user with the username Login4inter created and edited the page as a draft version from 8/3/10 to 13/3/10, and then published it to the main Wikipedia space.

Judging by the username, Login4inter is either one of the band or it's a seriously hardcore fan.

EDIT: Indeed, kudos to you BTW.

Edited by BottomEndian

[quote name='51m0n' post='783944' date='Mar 23 2010, 08:33 PM']'The kings of the catchy cheesy chorus' - Melody Maker

Thats one double edged compliment isnt it! :)

'The best pop song in the last 30 years' (Happy Ending) - John Peel

Mind you, that I would find hard not to have engraved on my body if it were about one of my band's songs, and said by that man!

Kudos to you sir!![/quote]

HEHE thanks very much. It is quite a cool comment by the late great Mr Peel. Quite an honour.

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='783947' date='Mar 23 2010, 08:34 PM']Y'see up at the top, there are some tabs? One's labelled "history". Click it, and you'll see the revision history for the page. It looks like a Wikipedia user with the username Login4inter created and edited the page as a draft version from 8/3/10 to 13/3/10, and then published it to the main Wikipedia space.

Judging by the username, Login4inter is either one of the band or it's a seriously hardcore fan.

EDIT: Indeed, kudos to you BTW.[/quote]

Thanks for the help. I had a look at that and saw that name but I have no idea who it is. I have one person in mind who it might be and I am waiting to here back from him. Its not his usual style of writing and some of the facts he might not know so I am not sure it could be him.

[quote name='Linus27' post='783881' date='Mar 23 2010, 07:55 PM']Bad monkey, no more pretty pictures for you now. Its going to be Vera Duckworth and Nora Batty from now on :rolleyes: :lol:[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please, no. I promise not to touch wiki.

I've a horrible feeling that doesn't sound good :) :wacko:

Edited by Marvin

[quote name='Linus27' post='783922' date='Mar 23 2010, 08:22 PM']Woohoo, great stuff. How can I find out who did it? I would like them to add some more info like the Q Magazine album review, Casio watch advert, a bit about the second album that was never released and the bit where I ran off with Natalie Imbruglia. Ok that last bit never happened :):):rolleyes:[/quote]

i was wondering who that was lolz.

Well, we have asked the whole band and our old manager and we have no idea who has done this Wikipedia page for my old band. Whats even more bizarre is it has to be someone who knows us really well to know a lot of the details but we really have no idea who has done this. Either way its very cool.

I love this bit:
[quote]Preferring to concentrate on substance over style, the band members were also renowned for wearing their glasses on stage.[/quote]
Personally, I wear my glasses on stage so I can see what the f*** I'm doing. I'm not renowned for it, though. Nor am I renowned for knowing what the f*** I'm doing, so maybe I should just chuck the specs and look cool. :)

[quote name='BottomEndian' post='784453' date='Mar 24 2010, 10:34 AM']I love this bit:

Personally, I wear my glasses on stage so I can see what the f*** I'm doing. I'm not renowned for it, though. Nor am I renowned for knowing what the f*** I'm doing, so maybe I should just chuck the specs and look cool. :)[/quote]

Again, that a very odd comment. The band looked geeky because we all wore glasses. Apart from the Proclaimers, not many bands have the entire members wearing glasses so it was a bit of a feature for us that was commented on in the early days. Some said we did it on purpose but we did all need to wear glasses to see. Only someone close to us would know this and would feel the need to make this point.

Nice one Michael, something to be proud of and to show the grand children etc.

Is that your current 3EQ SR4 in the pic?

I vaguely remember a mate having a Inter single, Speed racer i think it was (the wiki page jogged my memory)

Edited by dave_bass5

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='784479' date='Mar 24 2010, 10:48 AM']Nice one Michael, something to be proud of and to show the grand children etc.

Is that your current 3EQ SR4 in the pic?

I vaguely remember a mate having a Inter single, Speed racer i think it was (the wiki page jogged my memory)[/quote]

Thanks Dave, I really am quite chuffed at this. I was quite proud of what we achieved anyway but this is just the icing on the cake. I have had a massive big grin on my face all day. Great stuff your mate had one of our singles. Hope he liked that. A little story about that song. It was originally called Nippon Racer. I was sitting outside our guitarists house in our van and reading a copy of autosport and there was an article about a Japanese racing series called Nippon Racing. So it gave me the idea of a song called Nippon Racer and I set about writing the song. We eventually changed it to Speed Racer as we thought it was a better title.

Yes that is my current 3EQ SR4 in the picture.