Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer Stage 1

phatkat

Warwick Streamer Stage 1.
This guitar is in shocking condition for what was once a lovely guitar, I bought it about a year ago with the intention of refurbing it over time. Its still very playable and plays great and sounds fantastic.
I have the feeling this guitar has been refinished before as some of the lacquer finish is flaking off where the guitar has been chipped and there is a crack in the top that I believe would be an easy fix. The lacquer is cracking in several other places and has gone milky as can be seen in the pictures.
The point is if you wanted to return this guitar to its former glory then it would require a complete re-spray... alternativly play it as it is!
The other main issue is the original electronics are missing, in fact I have no way of knowing what electronics were fitted in the first place, the guitar is currently fitted with Seymour Duncan Bassline P & J pickups and are wired volume/volume/master tone. The fourth pot was missing when I got the guitar and I filled the hole with a pot and knob I had kicking around...
So, if you want a fixer upper or a working guitar that you can throw about without worrying about it then this is the bass for you.
I am open to offers... and would consider trades or part exchange for a Fender Precision (not mex) or Gibson Eb3/SG...oh or a stingray!
The guitar comes with an almost new Hiscox case.

Price... ok lets start at £650

Edited by phatkat

[quote name='benzies123' post='780782' date='Mar 20 2010, 02:02 PM']You can see how beautiful that maple under the lacquer is... Given the opportunity I would certainly remove the finish and leave it at that maple.

Good luck with the sale![/quote]

I agree, I'd just strip it down to the wood. Then get someone to take a look at the electronics.

[quote name='phatkat' post='781400' date='Mar 21 2010, 09:37 AM']Everyones in the same boat... pm me an offer![/quote]

Errrm sorry but, you can't do that on here my freind - that is for ebay!.

You have quoted a price and you can invite folks to PM you but please keep within the guidelines please!

Bob.

[quote name='The Burpster' post='781614' date='Mar 21 2010, 01:02 PM']Errrm sorry but, you can't do that on here my freind - that is for ebay!.

You have quoted a price and you can invite folks to PM you but please keep within the guidelines please!

Bob.[/quote]

I don't see where he's not stuck to the guidelines?

[quote name='Dubs' post='781922' date='Mar 21 2010, 06:42 PM']I don't see where he's not stuck to the guidelines?[/quote]

[color="#0000FF"]I would have thought this line - [/color]

"This will make transactions more upfront and stop people effectively holding [u]private auctions[/u]."

[color="#0000FF"]From this thread - [/color]

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=71363&st=0&p=691868&#entry691868"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry691868[/url]

[color="#0000FF"]Ought to spell it out. [/color]

"Everyones in the same boat... [u]pm me an offer!"[/u]

[color="#0000FF"]Is inviting potential buyers to offer closed door bids. Not what is expected on here. [/color]

"PM me" [color="#0000FF"]would be more acceptible as this is not an auction site. I am seeking to make this a standing rule in the market guidlines to clear this point up [/color]

I 'think' that what Bob is trying to do is ensure that the price stated £650 isn't the starting price for people effectively bidding up an item. I'm sure that isn't the case here, nor is Bob saying that you can't offer less but there have been instances of late where people state a price then start asking potential buyers to PM them offers greater than the price stated on the thread... it has happened to me very recently! :)

[quote name='phatkat' post='782058' date='Mar 21 2010, 08:28 PM']I seem to be getting into trouble wherever I go... Ive just got a hard time from the guy on the warwick site... and he deleted my thread...[/quote]

Strange! I can still access your sale thread over on the Warwick forum. I've never known Florin over on the Wick forum deleted threads without good cause, so that is very odd.

[quote name='jonnyj' post='782064' date='Mar 21 2010, 08:32 PM']But I dont get this no PM thing, makes no sense. Why cant it be simples?[/quote]

Good grief what is with you folks today, is it full moon tonite......?

Please tell me where I said a buyer should [u]NOT[/u] PM a seller with an offer.......?

What I have clearly put is that the seller should not invite offers using the quoted price as a starting price... i.e

"........first firm offer over £XXXs secures"

The OPs line-

"Everyones in the same boat... pm me an offer!"

........is clearly inviting offers and has not stated whether thats above or below the asking price. Had the OP not put that post, this would not be a discussion, and I would be having a beer. :)

[quote name='phatkat' post='786404' date='Mar 25 2010, 10:17 PM']Ok Ive had a few offers now and will sell to the best offer on 1st April.

So if you fancy it...pm me

G...[/quote]

How is this not an auction?

Guest BassKS

This bass was on the market on BC for 400 quid last august from a guy in Scotland, and I put in an offer for much less than that. The guy was ready to sell it but I backed off as I had no funds for that. The idea of the forum is to buy and sell back at more or less the same price as a gesture of goodwill. A good deal should be shared. My opinion is shared with platinum multi-selling bassists like Beedster, Warwickhunt, Clarky etc who will never sell stuff for more than they have bought it for (if bought on BC).

[quote name='BassKS' post='786730' date='Mar 26 2010, 10:52 AM']This bass was on the market on BC for 400 quid last august from a guy in Scotland, and I put in an offer for much less than that. The guy was ready to sell it but I backed off as I had no funds for that. The idea of the forum is to buy and sell back at more or less the same price as a gesture of goodwill. A good deal should be shared. My opinion is shared with platinum multi-selling bassists like Beedster, Warwickhunt, Clarky etc who will never sell stuff for more than they have bought it for (if bought on BC).[/quote]

Agree there are some fine gentlemen on this forum. When I first started buying and selling here there was a first come first served etiquette. You progressed the trade with the first person to reply and if that couldn't be worked out to mutual agreement you both moved on.

[quote name='BassKS' post='786730' date='Mar 26 2010, 10:52 AM']This bass was on the market on BC for 400 quid last august from a guy in Scotland, and I put in an offer for much less than that. The guy was ready to sell it but I backed off as I had no funds for that. The idea of the forum is to buy and sell back at more or less the same price as a gesture of goodwill. A good deal should be shared. My opinion is shared with platinum multi-selling bassists like Beedster, Warwickhunt, Clarky etc who will never sell stuff for more than they have bought it for (if bought on BC).[/quote]

To be honest I disagree with this - the current seller can ask whatever he likes for it, it's his bass. It's up for potential buyers to make the call on whether the price is justified.

Guest BassKS

[quote name='Wil' post='786750' date='Mar 26 2010, 11:14 AM']To be honest I disagree with this - the current seller can ask whatever he likes for it, it's his bass. It's up for potential buyers to make the call on whether the price is justified.[/quote]

Its not about the right price, its about the mark-up. The man can ask the full RRP on an SS1 and no one would give a flying monkey. I'm on about not reciprocating the good deal that they enjoyed when they purchased the bass here on BC.

Edited by BassKS

I was the owner of this guitar in August last year and I wasnt trying to sell it then, I am in Aberdeen Scotland and bought it from a guy in Aberdeen Scotland and you have no idea what I paid for it nor am I going to tell you so whats your problem?
I cant imagine anyone not hoping to get as much for an item they are selling that they can, if you can afford to take the first offer or feel moraly obliged to do so then good luck to you... I'll take what someone is willing to pay for it.

G...