Why become a member? ×

4x10 Cabs

tim126

Hi. I'm looking to get me a 4x10 cab to drive off my Ashdown ABM500. Considerations are: money (as little as poss!), noise/power (500-800W, 4 Ohms), Freq. response & SPL, and weight (I'm not as young as I used to be - as my back keeps telling me!). A keen contender is the Markbass 104HR, but the price! Sheesh! So, other contenders in the frame look to be: Ampeg B-410HLF, Gallien & Kruger NEO 410/4, Eden EN410XST, Warwick WCA411-4 PRO.

Anybody got any suggestions, comments, recommendations?...

Get two of these and stack them? Stacked, they'll be easier to hear and will offer better horizontal dispersion of mids & highs compared to a 4x10. Bonus feature: their tweeter can be switched completely off. :)

Gallien Krueger 210MBE 8 Ohm, Bass Cabinet, 400 Watt @ 8 Ohm, 2x10" Neodymium Speaker, 1x Speakon and 1x 1/4" Speaker Input, Dimension 597x 495x 375mm, Weight 13,6 kg

[url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/gallien_krueger_210mbe.htm?feedid=4828"]http://www.thomann.de/gb/gallien_krueger_2...htm?feedid=4828[/url]

BTW. According to Bob Gallien these cabinets use the same drivers as are employed in G-K's Neo Series 10" bass cabs.

Edited by MIJ-VI

USA ASHDOWN 4x10. 1050w @ 4ohm. Tweeter. 2 x Speakon and 1/4 jack inputs. Doesn't have a metal grille which is a downfall but at the same time it looks stunning, beautiful sound, and it's lightweight. £499.99 I've had mine for about 2 months and I love it!

Chris

Edited by Basska

[quote name='RussFM' post='776376' date='Mar 16 2010, 04:59 PM']But do you fit in your Fiat Punto with it!? :)[/quote]

I do! Just!

I can fit - 2 people, 8x10, my rack case, bass, pedal board, guitar, Fender hot rod combo, guitarist pedal board and bag in without too much trouble.
First time was a pain in the arse but know I know the pattern its fairly simple

Does the new cab have to be a 410? There are other options (2 210’s, a 212, 2 112's or a certain 115!) which are far more manoeuvrable, lighter, just as loud and with a great tone.

Having said that, my 410 might be available soon!

[quote name='RichardH' post='776995' date='Mar 17 2010, 03:57 AM']How about the [url="http://www.purple-chili.com/bass-cabs/pcb410t.htm"]Purple Chili PCB410T[/url] - 23.5kg.

Proportion a bit different from the "usual" 4x10, so may not suit.[/quote]

A nice deep cab design loaded with [url="http://professional.celestion.com/bass/orange/index.asp"]BN10-300S[/url] drivers which go up to 4kHz. No need for tweeters! :)

[i]And[/i] it's domestically made.

If I lived in the U.K. I'd check this out.

Cor Blimey! Well, I never knew you coould get to talk to so many bassists in just a couple of days! Ta to all for your replies and suggestions (well most of them...!!)

I love the look (and the concept) of the Purple Chilli box.... if only I had more dosh...

And the multiple 2x10s is something to bear in mind for when the body descends further into decrepitude...

But for now I've struck a deal with Psychoandy for his Schroeder - now excitedly awaiting it's arrival, and getting set to move to a new level in the demolition game.

Cheers chums!

Tim.

PS - Throwoff... I think perhaps we should just draw a veil of decency over what can be done in a Fiat Punto LOL!