Why become a member? ×

Acoustic Bass

W1_Pro

Loads of okay stuff out there - Tanglewood, Takamine,Washburn,Crafter etc. Don't forget though that few acoustic/electric basses
are very loud, even in a home environment. Sure you'll hear it better than a solid body bass but the sound won't be very full without
some form of amplification, which you'll need also if you plan to play it with any other instruments really (even in rehearsals unless you
both/all play very quietly!).

As is often the case with musical kit, may be best to look for a decent s/hand bass - that way you get better quality for
same price as a new entry level instrument. They crop up for sale on here quite regularly.
FWIW I've got a Washburn AB20 - had it for 15 years and for the money I think they're decent basses.
Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I've tried the Ibanez AEB8E, and the AEB10E, both played and sounded nice, for me anyway....but I preferred the AEB8E.

If you want something that feels like you are playing an electric bass, there is always the Fender Kingman Bass.

Basically the Fender is an acoustic body with a Jazz bass neck.

Shop around for some good prices.

Average on-line price:
Ibanez AEB8E = around £200
Ibanez AEB10E = around £290
Fender Kingman = around £265

Edited by arsenic