Why become a member? ×

Geddy Jazz

SS73

Here's the original ad - sold for £580 back in February.

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-GEDDY-LEE-BLUE-CUSTOM-NEW-UNPLAYED_W0QQitemZ120523901893"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-GED...emZ120523901893[/url]

Personally I think it's bad form to gyppo-flip an Ebay purchase while the listing you bought it from's still linked from your feedback - always wait the 3 months for it to be auto-deleted.

I'd also have thought £580 was a bit dear for what is basically a bitsa with a Geddy neck, but whatever...

Jon.

So what you are paying for is a 2006 Mexican standard body with a Geddy neck and a baddass? Well, it sounds like a great deal to me. I must remember to bid on it, right after I put my goolies in the door and slam it shut several times.

Jez

• 5 weeks later...

[quote name='jezzaboy' post='771982' date='Mar 11 2010, 08:03 PM']So what you are paying for is a 2006 Mexican standard body with a Geddy neck and a baddass? Well, it sounds like a great deal to me. I must remember to bid on it, right after I put my goolies in the door and slam it shut several times.

Jez[/quote]

:) :rolleyes: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The Bitsa That Would Not Die. How many times has he relisted that now?

He may have to get used to the idea of making a loss on this one, eventually. But profiteering via Ebay is a learning curve. Quite steep sometimes, it would seem.

J.

The latest response from the guy (I asked for the serial number)... "This is a genuine Geddy Lee C086833 which was customized by fender. Basically the G & L body would normally be black, it was changed for a jazz bass body as described in advert, by fender because a coloured body was required at the time for a video shoot and the black did not show up well."

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='813946' date='Apr 21 2010, 04:55 PM']The latest response from the guy (I asked for the serial number)... "This is a genuine Geddy Lee C086833 which was customized by fender. [b]Basically the G & L body would normally be black[/b], it was changed for a jazz bass body as described in advert, by fender because a coloured body was required at the time for a video shoot and the black did not show up well."[/quote]
Er nope. GLs do also come in 3TSB.
Apart from him getting in a mucking fuddle between G&L and GL :) I think you should introduce him to the fact that the defining feature of a GL is the '70s bridge pup position.

And remind him that [url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-JAZZ-BASS-GEDDY-LEE-BLUE-CUSTOM-NEW-UNPLAYED_W0QQitemZ120523901893"]when he bought it for £580 a couple of months ago[/url], the original seller was quite clear that it had been built from bits, and didn't say anything at all about a "video shoot".

J.

Just realised that the serial number he quoted to me has had the first character changed from a Q on the original sale to a C... I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he misread it and isn't in fact trying to stop someone from ascertaining what bass the serial number actually refers to! :)

In some respects I don't care that he is trying to resell the bass for a profit (he's an online shop) but it's the fact that he's blatantly changing the facts surrounding this bass. :rolleyes:

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='814576' date='Apr 22 2010, 07:45 AM']In some respects I don't care that he is trying to resell the bass for a profit (he's an online shop) but it's the fact that he's blatantly changing the facts surrounding this bass. :)[/quote]
I have no problem with Ebay profiteering - it's part of the game as far as I'm concerned. But this guy is blatantly lying to try & sell a parts bass that he already paid over the odds for.

J.