Why become a member? ×

This Is It

Pete Academy

[quote name='Doddy' post='760988' date='Mar 1 2010, 05:45 PM']I'm all for people having an opinion, but you a so blatantly wrong in this case it's
crazy.
The band is majorly tight, and just ace.[/quote]

Heh, this is the first time ever my opinion's been wrong!! Damn, I need to work on my taste.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='761086' date='Mar 1 2010, 07:35 PM']It dispels the myth that Jacko wasn't really ready to do the gig. Looks like a massive amount of pre-production work had already gone into the show.

Whatever meds were supporting him, he obviously still has it. Despite the accusations and madness, he was still one the best entertainers on the planet.

And those female dancers... :)[/quote]

I agree with all that. I was pretty shocked at how energetic he seemed, and I was impressed with the way he directed the band. (and the female dancers...)

[quote name='Doddy' post='760988' date='Mar 1 2010, 07:45 PM']I'm all for people having an opinion, but you a so blatantly wrong in this case it's
crazy.
The band is majorly tight, and just ace.[/quote]

But, at the end, you're simply rejecting Cheddatom's (well, and mine, also..) opinions.

Crazy or not, there a plenty of guys, who, IMHO, would have fitted the place ten times better.

But, then again, if Moffett took the gig, good for him then..

Edited by Faithless

[quote name='Faithless' post='762664' date='Mar 3 2010, 10:08 AM']Crazy or not, there a plenty of guys, who, IMHO, would have fitted the place ten times better.[/quote]

There are a few guys who would have done the gig just as well as 'Sugarfoot'- namely Ricky
Lawson.But as far as doing the gig 10x better? No way.
Bearing in mind that MJ specifically asked for Jonathan Moffett because of his feel says
it all.
You said earlier that you thought he hit too hard,but that gig is all about a strong backbeat and
a tight groove. It doesn't require a subtle snare work-A lot of the subtleties are on the Hi-Hat,
and he's certainly got that happening. And his Bass drum work is really sweet.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='763650' date='Mar 4 2010, 08:58 AM']I thought it was funny when MJ was trying to get her to do a cheesey Wild Stallions widdly widdly weeeeooooooo and she just kept shredding.[/quote]

Lots of tallent, sh*t loads of skill, little musicality IMO.

[quote name='Pete Academy' post='761086' date='Mar 1 2010, 07:35 PM']It dispels the myth that Jacko wasn't really ready to do the gig. Looks like a massive amount of pre-production work had already gone into the show.

Whatever meds were supporting him, he obviously still [u][b][color="#FF0000"]HAD[/color][/b][/u] it. Despite the accusations and madness, he was still one the best entertainers on the planet.

And those female dancers... :)[/quote]

Fixed

just finished watching the dvd.
that show would have been great. The tech alone would have made it worthwhile IMO.

absolutely loved the bass sound on earth song - anyone any ideas what he used on the bass there? great octave sound!

Orianthi is a major hottie though, her outfit/ hair in the black or white segments......... ooh! glad she doesn't talk for living! :)

[quote name='dudewheresmybass' post='765757' date='Mar 6 2010, 12:37 AM']absolutely loved the bass sound on earth song - anyone any ideas what he used on the bass there? great octave sound![/quote]

Alex Al played a Musicman Stingray 5 through an EBS Octabass on 'Earth Song'

He also used a '75 Jazz and Fretless Stingray -although he also had another seven basses in a
rack behind him!!!