Why become a member? ×

Glockenklang Preamp - Thomann problems..

JMT3781

I got my Glockenklang preamp today in the post from Thomann. The item was described as "B stock" because the original package was damaged. So with over 200 pounds knocked off, i bought with confidence. Came today, sounds absolutely amazing, packaging was a bit ragtag, but was incased in a nice big box so all was good there. After ten minutes of testing through markbass cabs i notice the master pot isn't turned up at all... starnge. Basically the pot doesnt work, and as i start to turn it the cabs both start to die, and distort... horrible thoughts rushing through my head..

Luckily for me, My dad owns a PA shop, within 1 minute of looking at it he has deciphered the problem, master pot broken, which he will replace for me tomorrow.

My point is, should i have expected this being as it was B stock, or should i be angry that the only problem mentioned was the packaging being damaged?
At the end of the day, i am lucky enough to have a dad who is a master of all things soldered, who im sure will get the pre working fine, as this is preferable to sending back to germany.. so hopefully will sound great and be fully functional tommorrow.

Anyway, any thoughts, similar experiances?
J

From your description of events Thomann did not accurately describe the goods. You choice will be to send the item back for a refund or decide to keep and repair it. You could try and get them to pay for the repair but typically large stores have a return only policy as it is too much hassle chasing after and assessing whether the cost of repair reasonable.

Yeah its the bass art classic... think i'm gonna try and get them to give me some dough back for the repair, or the parts at least.. either way an email will be sent.

Thanks for the support guys :)

[quote name='Toasted' post='757967' date='Feb 26 2010, 10:46 AM']Is this the Bass Art Classic preamp?[/quote]

from what i tried before finding the fault yesterday it was one of the nicest bass sounds ive ever had, the parametric mid was very usable, love the a/b switching etc... altogether a very nice unit.

[quote name='Toasted' post='758286' date='Feb 26 2010, 03:11 PM']Always wanted to try the BAC. How do you like it?[/quote]

Gong by past experience with Thomanns i cant see that they were pulling a fast one.
Goods can arrive faulty from anywhere, even brand new in a sealed box.

Ive had very good experiences with Thomanns and they have always seemed to want me to be happy rather than just taking my money.
If the amp worked (even for a few mins) then i would have said there was no way Thomanns could have known it would pack up so quickly.

I expect they will ask for it back and give a full refund. Ive returned goods to them before and its no hassle really (although i know thats not really the point).