Why become a member? ×

DIY Effects

JackLondon

Finished build 4/5 

frog pedals fx1 

alembic F2b thing - with a 1953 telefunken ECC82 inside I found in my garage and sounds nice - still some gremlins to work out as it’s decided to have a high pitched squeal sometimes … and 180v inside which is a bit scary 

FFD6D113-B6B5-434D-9A7D-E4F457187F92.jpeg

BCD41728-3192-469A-BD6A-82F0D1EBCC78.jpeg

DC126A5C-9887-4391-A390-47D6859B3DD5.jpeg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, LukeFRC said:

yes and not very long, a couple of evenings. 
Follow the instructions and you will be alright!

Reassuring - did it take long to arrive though? It appears to not have got out of Germany yet, having got as far as the parcel centre in Ebermannsdorf on the 14th.

31 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Reassuring - did it take long to arrive though? It appears to not have got out of Germany yet, having got as far as the parcel centre in Ebermannsdorf on the 14th.

In the words of Jim Morrison, Book they and they will come

On 17/02/2023 at 15:09, LukeFRC said:

it squealed a bit, the designer of the circuit recomended routing the wires slightly differently.... in doing that the legs on the mosfet broke :( so waiting on eBay seller again!

Ordered on Ebay 4pm on a Friday.

Delivered 10am on a Saturday

fitted Sunday night.... 

no sound.

open up, test point showing 180v so it's working

trace the audio circuit... oh great I overheated the 3DPT switch when I was resoldering it and the contact is bent... that's why it's not passing signal. :(

this project! 

EDIT: if anyone has a 3PDT switch spare in a parts box they would like to sell me... .

EDIT 2: might have fixed…

Edited by LukeFRC

On 17/02/2023 at 13:45, LukeFRC said:

yes and not very long, a couple of evenings. 
Follow the instructions and you will be alright!

Followed the instructions and... it doesn't work. Haven't got a schematic to trace the signal so I've emailed the creator to ask for one.

3 hours ago, tauzero said:

Followed the instructions and... it doesn't work. Haven't got a schematic to trace the signal so I've emailed the creator to ask for one.

I would Email musikding rather than the creator - he's stepped away from doing it now. 

45 minutes ago, disssa said:

What is the fault?

Capacitor and diodes polarity correct? ICs plugged in correctly?

Fault - no output at all. LCD comes on and changes colour with the footswitch, so power is going in. Double checked all polarities - all correct. I'll extract the boards and do another visual inspection of the joints.

1 hour ago, tauzero said:

Fault - no output at all. LCD comes on and changes colour with the footswitch, so power is going in. Double checked all polarities - all correct. I'll extract the boards and do another visual inspection of the joints.

Can you make an audio probe? 

image.jpg

1 hour ago, Bassybert said:

Is that a heat sink bolted to the board near the LED/foot switch?

Is this your own layout?

The heatsink is bolted to the voltage regulator of the tube heater. According to the data sheet, no heatsink needs to be used. But I do. The voltage regulator gets very hot.

I created the layout for the pcb. I used the factory schematics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@disssa, do you happen to have a schematic for the Vong-Filterung? Musikding said to email Julian from Schalltechnik, which I had already done, and still no response. I saw you'd built one a couple of years ago and I wondered if you might have the schematic.

20 hours ago, tauzero said:

@disssa, do you happen to have a schematic for the Vong-Filterung? Musikding said to email Julian from Schalltechnik, which I had already done, and still no response. I saw you'd built one a couple of years ago and I wondered if you might have the schematic.

There is no circuit diagram available from the designer, and the double-sided PCB has been painted on both sides, so it would be difficult to trace the circuit from that.

The instructions include a block diagram but that is all you get.

I think I still have my build instructions; if so I can send you a copy. 

David

1 hour ago, Mottlefeeder said:

There is no circuit diagram available from the designer, and the double-sided PCB has been painted on both sides, so it would be difficult to trace the circuit from that.

The instructions include a block diagram but that is all you get.

I think I still have my build instructions; if so I can send you a copy. 

David

Thanks, the build instructions are probably those on the website - https://schalltechnik04.de/en/instructions/vong-filterung but if there's anything else I'd be glad of it.