Why become a member? ×

Withdrawn : Early Wal Fretless

Sercet

Mahogany body with ash facings. Ebony fingerboard.

I think Electric Wood, the makers of Wal basses, have stopped trading as Pete Stevens has retired. Take a look and let me know what might be a fair price.

Steve

Edited by Sercet

[quote name='BB2000' post='82912' date='Nov 2 2007, 08:07 PM']It's a bit rough on the back, but you'll get £1500+

Possibly a lot more if you're lucky.[/quote]

If I'm totally honest, there are some rough spots on the front as well. I need to get some more photographs done and an extended description.

If you're willing to ship internationally you'll get more than £1500 for it. Some ejit from the other side of the pond who's never layed his hands on one before'll give you about £2200 maybe, even in its current condition. I speak from experience...

It's a mighty nice bass, btw!

Edited by Bigwan

[quote name='Sercet' post='82901' date='Nov 2 2007, 07:32 PM']Mahogany body with ash facings. Ebony fingerboard.

I think Electric Wood, the makers of Wal basses, have stopped trading as Pete Stevens has retired. Take a look and let me know what might be a fair price.

Steve[/quote]
Beautiful bass Steve - good luck with the sale!

The latest news on Electric Wood as I understand it is that discussions are in hand for one of Pete Stevens old colleagues to take the Wal brand forward. Quite what that means in practice, who it is etc, no one knows yet.. But I for one hope that happens and I know that Pete is very keen for it to continue.. After all, it's been his life's work for the past 30+ years..

I think the comments about getting a higher return by shipping internationally are very true - perhaps you should post it on the Wal forum on the Dudepit and also, the Walbassesnaturally group on Yahoo?

Nik