Why become a member? ×

Ashdown little Bastard +4x12

tom1946

Hi guys, as title.

Anyone use the little B? any good? bear in mind this is for church use and I'm looking for bottom end that doesn't sound muddy or that you're listening to it with half blocked ears. Do you know what I mean here?

I'm competing with keyboard, drums and 2 electro acoustic guitars so not your average church!

For a cab I'm looking at the Ashdown MAG410T 4x10 Deep Blackline Bass Speaker Cab. Now these are available with blueline speakers as well so which is better?

Any thoughts, comments or alternatives very welcome.
Bear in mind I currently play a USA Precision or a Jazz. I don't want lots of sliders, eq's etc' because I'd never use them.

KISS and all that.

[quote name='tom1946' post='750499' date='Feb 19 2010, 08:05 AM']Hi guys, as title.

Anyone use the little B? any good? bear in mind this is for church use and I'm looking for bottom end that doesn't sound muddy or that you're listening to it with half blocked ears. Do you know what I mean here?

I'm competing with keyboard, drums and 2 electro acoustic guitars so not your average church!

For a cab I'm looking at the Ashdown MAG410T 4x10 Deep Blackline Bass Speaker Cab. Now these are available with blueline speakers as well so which is better?

Bear in mind I currently play a USA Precision or a Jazz. I don't want lots of sliders, eq's etc' because I'd never use them.

KISS and all that.[/quote]
it's not going to do big clean low end unless you get some really effiecent cabs. I.e not ashdown ones.

[quote name='tom1946' post='750739' date='Feb 19 2010, 12:04 PM']What's better in the same price range?[/quote]

Nothing IME. They are as good as anything else in their price bracket which means not as good as most of the "boutique" cabs that are so common nowadays

Umph's point was that they're not particularly efficient.

[quote name='tom1946' post='750499' date='Feb 19 2010, 08:05 AM']Hi guys, as title.

KISS and all that.[/quote]
ive got an abm 4x10 cab for sale if you are interested.its the next step up from ashdowns mag range.lots of top bands use them.its 600w 8 ohm cab in very good condition apart from a mark on each side of the cab.you can find it on the for sale section here,unfortunately no pictures as yet.its a bargain!