Why become a member? ×

Orange Bass Terror - again

Delberthot

[quote name='Delberthot' post='746095' date='Feb 15 2010, 04:55 PM']Do these only have speakon connections or are they the combined ones where you can also plug in 1/4" jack cables as well?[/quote]

Mine is Speakon only.

[quote name='Mandril' post='747006' date='Feb 16 2010, 10:58 AM']Oh God! I bough a speakon-jack cable from OBBM and now is not going to work with the Terror Bass? Delberthot, do yo have a speakon-speakon to change? ^_^[/quote]

Jest get another speakon end and do it yourself! They're usually wired +1 and -1. It could also be that the input on the cab is a dual receiver, i.e. it can accept the Neutrik Speakon [b][i]or[/i][/b] a 1/4" jack. HAve a look at it again befoe you panic.

Ok so its definitely speakon only on the cab so I've got that sorted out and I've got myself a 40dB attenuator as well

One small thing - when I have a single 8ohm cab connected to it with the 8ohm switch set, nothing comes out if I connect it to the input furthest away from the switch but I get output from the other output. is that normal?

The lack of a manual doesn't help things

I was wondering if it had something to do with the switch itself - if it is capable of putting out 500w into 4 or 8ohms then are there 2 250w amps inside operating in some kind of bridged mono when you have the 8ohm switch selected which would stop anything coming out of the other output or should I be worrying?