Why become a member? ×

Ibanez Musician MC900 *£395*

CHRISDABASS

Hi

Im selling this bass for a good friend of mine! :)

Its an all original 1979 Ibanez Musician (MC900)

seen on the far right in the first pic
[attachment=42661:3.jpg]

[attachment=43135:DSCF0444.JPG]
[attachment=43136:DSCF0446.JPG]
[attachment=43137:DSCF0448.JPG]
[attachment=43138:DSCF0449.JPG]
[attachment=43139:DSCF0447.JPG]
[attachment=43140:DSCF0450.JPG]

(The bass appears slightly lighter in colour due to the lighting)

Its in pretty good condition for a bass of 30+ years

There are a few scuff and scrapes here and there (which is to be expected) but most if not all are located on the back of the bass, leaving the front looking lovely! :rolleyes:

Any other marks you see like the lacquer cracks on the back of the neck are purely cosmetic the whole bass is structurally sound!

The electronics work great and the wiring looks like its never even been seen let alone touch or messed with! its super clean and tidy inside the cavity! :lol:

I will supply a brand new Access hard case to the buyer (the case that was supplied by sadowsky when i bought my NYC) which is beautiful and has never been used as i always use gig bags

my mates lookin for [size=3][s]£495[/s][/size] [color="#FF00FF"][size=6]now only £395[/size][/color] (i think he has his eye on something)

cheers

chris

07974 317 284

Edited by CHRISDABASS

hello,
the photos are out of focus, difficult to see il the crack on the back of the neck is a lacquer finish or a crack in the wood and the extent of the rashes on the back.
Is it the original controls cover plate ?
Thank you

[quote name='ialma' post='745949' date='Feb 15 2010, 03:20 PM']hello,
the photos are out of focus, difficult to see il the crack on the back of the neck is a lacquer finish or a crack in the wood and the extent of the rashes on the back.
Is it the original controls cover plate ?
Thank you[/quote]

Hi

as stated the bass is all original including cover plate, electronics etc etc etc :)

i will post better pics asap as all i had to hand was the camera on my phone

cheers

I had one one of these that I picked up for £250 and ended up doing a straight swap for a very good Stingray.

They are utterly awesome basses, there are some amazing sounds to come out of them - Ibanez really should reissue them. I think £495 is really not an unreasonable price.

As a young aspiring bassist I always lusted after one of these and even remember going into Newcastle and collecting all of the latest catalogues (inc the one pictured) to sit a drool over at my leisure/pleasure... and no that isn't a euphemism for anything else! :)

Unfortunately these days the weight would likely cripple me. :rolleyes:

I used to have an identical one to this, absoutely fantastic basses, they sound great but are a bit solid in the weight dept ( all that lovely wood) i very foolishly overdid the boozing one month as a student so had to sell it to pay my rent, the swine in a shop gave me £125 and made out he was doing me a favour :) if only id known!! mind you my other bass at the time was my jv squire which i still have.
Anyway great price and highly recommended- all th best - lee

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='752600' date='Feb 21 2010, 10:46 AM']Howie was a bit of a demon wheeler and dealer back in those days! :)

and NO I am not being serious. :rolleyes:[/quote]

Ha Ha i know!!!

it was actually pre bass place days, i sold the ibanez back to the person i bought it from, a certain little guitar shop on a corner of the west road, a very dour man indeed!!! lovely bass i wouldnt mind a fretless one!!!

hope your well John - someone buy this they are great - lee :lol: