Why become a member? ×

Strange goings on

cheddatom

[quote name='cheddatom' post='745635' date='Feb 15 2010, 10:50 AM']The links at the top to take you to the different levels of the forum keep jumping around, as do the google ads. What's going on!?[/quote]

I'm not doing anything!!

[quote name='mgibson' post='747248' date='Feb 16 2010, 02:10 PM']Genrally if electronic things don't work, i shout at them for a while and if that dosen't do anything i phone someone who knws what they're doing and get them to sort it out....[/quote]
That's fiendishly cunning, I like your style. :)

Nope. I should have included that in my "list of things the tech support operative MAKES you do".

Can you please un plug the power plug, and leave it un-plugged for 60 seconds sir
I've already re-set it!
Since I asked you to?
No!
Well I need you to un-plug it for 60 seconds now sir.
WHY!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='cheddatom' post='748473' date='Feb 17 2010, 03:14 PM']Nope. I should have included that in my "list of things the tech support operative MAKES you do".

Can you please un plug the power plug, and leave it un-plugged for 60 seconds sir
I've already re-set it!
Since I asked you to?
No!
Well I need you to un-plug it for 60 seconds now sir.
WHY!?!?!? WHY!?!?!?![/quote]

I used to work for a very well known home audio company (who I shall not name)
And we used to tell people to do this and when they argued we were told to tell them there was a microswitch inside where you plugged the cable in and this reset the processor.

Now am still not 100% but I took the stuff apart several times and never saw anything that could be called a switch.

Just in case anyone's actually interested, i've done a screen shot of the page. The titles are to the right of the ads, rather than being below and to the left. No amount of cache clearing, uninstalling and reinstalling, re-booting, downgrading, upgrading, getting the latest bullshit off the manufacturers, leaving the computer off for 60 thousand infinity hours, or kicking has fixed it.