Why become a member? ×

A joke of an Ibanez Blazer bass

Jigster

[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-blazer-bass-custom-made_W0QQitemZ380206510076QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item588612effc"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ibanez-blazer-bass-c...=item588612effc[/url]

loving the holes from what must have been the original p'guard? pretty sure most Blazer's had brass bridge - mine def has - that bridge looks pretty new -

just can't see what is custom about it? :)

Just needs a new scratchplate made. The pup's in a bit of a "swimming pool" route so would look better with a replacement. The bridge has been changed - not sure why someone would bin a cast brass one & replace it with bent tin!

Still qualifies as a bargain if it stays under the ton, IMO.

Jon.

well it is but just dunno how it ended up like that - i've got one exact same ie. natural finish, maple neck, and i think that's a bakerlite p'guard which mine has also, but it's the full shape not the Blue Peter cut out with scissors one there!!

just puzzles me that it gets messed with like that - ho hum

I'd guess that the original plate got broken or an owner thought it would look better without the full plate, as some basses do. This ain't one of them!

As there are plenty of Blazer owners on BC, obtaining a template for a replacement would be easy, & making a DIY plate is a straightforward (if somewhat dull) task.

If anyone here does buy it, I've got an old brass Blazer bridge in the parts box.

J.