Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky MV4 HPJ - gone!

giblett123

Evening all!

back up for sale owing to buyer having a cashflow prob. Here we have a 6 month old never gigged Sadowsky Metro PJ hybrid which I have had from new. Specs are:
Natural finish, maple fingerboard, slim jazz neck, ash body, VTC (vintage tone control), P/J Sadowsky pickups, push-pull active / passive switch & 2 band EQ. Condition wise it is fantastic, no dents, dings, buckle rash, fret wear or bits hanging off it. The only marks of any description are slight/very light marking (approx 3-4mm) across the pick guard from playing which is only visible from very close with the aid of a light shone cross it! If you have never played one of these they nail all the classic fender tones & a whole lot more & are very high quality. Weight wise its also pretty light so if like me you have a dodgy back it won't kill you! Ships in a Sadowsky semi-hard case/bag. Shipping can be negotiated. I was asking £1395 but have reduced it by a big chunk to get a quick sale, now [b][u]£1095[/u][/b] (sorry but no trades - unless you happen to have a decent Alembic Orion or Epic going spare)!
Thanks for looking.
PS: A "bass whisperer" review with some sounds on it: [url="http://www.bassemporium.com/newsletters/0208newsletter.html"]http://www.bassemporium.com/newsletters/0208newsletter.html[/url]

Edited by giblett123

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='744593' date='Feb 14 2010, 10:16 AM']Wow!

Thats stunning!

If i had room for another sadowsky i'd love this!!

:)[/quote]

It is beautiful, I bought it for doing a Motown tribute band but am finding I'm doing more & more finger funk stuff, it nails that stuff well too but I prefer my Alembic for it.

[quote name='giblett123' post='744599' date='Feb 14 2010, 10:23 AM']It is beautiful, I bought it for doing a Motown tribute band but am finding I'm doing more & more finger funk stuff, it nails that stuff well too but I prefer my Alembic for it.[/quote]

The Alembic must be good.

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='744720' date='Feb 14 2010, 12:54 PM']Shhhh... :) Don't worry you're not the first and I doubt you'll be the last! :rolleyes:[/quote]
Morning all & apols for the delay in getting back, for those who wanted to know it is 8lb 12oz, that's with me perched on the bathroom scales holding it!

Just out of interest, how well does this reproduce the sound of a Jazz bass when playing with just the bridge pickupup on? Reason I ask is that when i had my Jazzes I mostly just used the bridge pickup; I also love the sound of Precision basses, so this combination (with the Jazz-width neck too) seems ideal.

Free bump for a beautiful instrument.

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='746019' date='Feb 15 2010, 04:00 PM']Just out of interest, how well does this reproduce the sound of a Jazz bass when playing with just the bridge pickupup on? Reason I ask is that when i had my Jazzes I mostly just used the bridge pickup; I also love the sound of Precision basses, so this combination (with the Jazz-width neck too) seems ideal.

Free bump for a beautiful instrument.[/quote]

hi there, It's really good! the natural sound isn't quite as bright as as jazz but is v close & the eq on this think is so powerful it only takes a slight treble boost & your there! I've found an Ed Friedland "Bass Whisperer" review that has some sounds on it, hope this helps: [url="http://www.bassemporium.com/newsletters/0208newsletter.html"]http://www.bassemporium.com/newsletters/0208newsletter.html[/url]
Cheers.

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='746019' date='Feb 15 2010, 04:00 PM']Just out of interest, how well does this reproduce the sound of a Jazz bass when playing with just the bridge pickupup on?[/quote]

The placement of the rear pup is more towards the neck than you'd find on even a 60's Jazz, so the rear Jazz pup soloed is a nice full but tight tone, one of the few bridge pups that I feel has any use on its own... IMHO! :)

[quote name='warwickhunt' post='746108' date='Feb 15 2010, 05:02 PM']The placement of the rear pup is more towards the neck than you'd find on even a 60's Jazz, so the rear Jazz pup soloed is a nice full but tight tone, one of the few bridge pups that I feel has any use on its own... IMHO! :)[/quote]
I agree, you get great great definition & it kind of burps away without getting to "plinky".

[quote name='richardrickenbacker' post='747008' date='Feb 16 2010, 10:59 AM']This bass is ace. I haven't played one this good in ages.
Nice to see a P on the forum, most Sadowskys seem to be jazzes at the moment.[/quote]
Cheers Rich, the P's do seem to be harder to come by, needless to say, both varieties are v good! not tempted? :)

[quote name='giblett123' post='746069' date='Feb 15 2010, 05:35 PM']hi there, It's really good! the natural sound isn't quite as bright as as jazz but is v close & the eq on this think is so powerful it only takes a slight treble boost & your there! I've found an Ed Friedland "Bass Whisperer" review that has some sounds on it, hope this helps: [url="http://www.bassemporium.com/newsletters/0208newsletter.html"]http://www.bassemporium.com/newsletters/0208newsletter.html[/url]
Cheers.[/quote]

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question and for the link to the sound clips, it was most illuminating.

[quote name='Quatschmacher' post='748749' date='Feb 17 2010, 06:15 PM']Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question and for the link to the sound clips, it was most illuminating.[/quote]
Cheers rich! another £100? ouch! the only way to find out about that would be to offer it & see if I accept! :)

[quote name='bassbluestew' post='749822' date='Feb 18 2010, 03:11 PM']by deals do you mean you are open to trades ??[/quote]
Unfortunately not this time, I have my eye on another bass so apols for not being clear, I am willing to listen to reasonable offers price wise though.