Why become a member? ×

Lakland Darryl Jones For Sale ####NOW SOLD####

Tone le Bone

[b][/b][attachment=42511:DSC02606.JPG][attachment=42512:DSC02177.JPG][attachment=42513:DSC02178.JPG][attach
ment=42514:dsc00036.jpg][attachment=42515:dsc00037.jpg][attachment=42516:DSC02593.JPG][attachment=42
10:DSC02604.JPG][attachment=42507:DSC02603.JPG][attachment=42506:DSC02605.JPG][attachment=42507:DSC0
603.JPG][attachment=42505:DSC02602.JPG][attachment=42504:DSC02601.JPG]

Reluctantly up for sale is this fantastic sounding bass. A Lakland Darryl Jones Skyline Series 4 string bass in black with a maple neck and rosewood fretboard. This bass has been professionally fitted with a John East Pre Amp, (the cavity and back of scratchplate have been copper lined so its noise free!). There is also a choice of scratchplates included in the price, one white pearlescent, the other black/grey pearlescent, and I will include the original plain white scratchplate and the original switchgear too, if ever you wanted to return it to its original spec.

Its been fitted with a set of La Bella flatwounds, which sound superb, and as you can see from the pictures this bass is in fantastic condition.

I am putting it up for sale on Basschat first, and then it will go to FleaBay. :) I would much prefer someone off this site buy it though.

The John East pre amp is not cheap but allows the player to dial in almost any sound. This bass is a killer for playing slap, and with the La Bella's is super fast along the fretboard.

I am looking for £800 cash and I will throw in a soft gig bag too. Collection only from Surrey.

Cheers,

T le B.

Edited by Tone le Bone

I had one of these and it was a wonderful bass. Not quite to my liking but an amazing bass. I would love to buy this to just look at it and hang on a wall. I think it even looks nicer than my MIA 75 Jazz re-issue which looks great in natural. Would probably swap it for this also :)

[quote name='bassvid75' post='744972' date='Feb 14 2010, 05:03 PM']interested in trades?

Eko Bass BX7 1982 Italy

[url="http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/eko/finalyears/bx7.html"]http://www.fetishguitars.com/html/eko/finalyears/bx7.html[/url][/quote]

Sorry not looking for any trades at the moment, unless Bernie Goodfellows 'Gabbie' came about :)

[quote name='Manu Berdin' post='749107' date='Feb 17 2010, 11:11 PM']Hi ,

It seems that the préamp is from Audere and not from John East .[/quote]

No its definately John East.
Audere dont make a J style plate which is slightly curved to fit the Lakland Darryl Jones. They only make the straight J plate to fit Fender style preamps. How do I know? Because I ordered one from Audere and had to send it back !!!

[quote name='Tone le Bone' post='753980' date='Feb 22 2010, 04:11 PM']What a shame, cos its a cracker.
Cheers Dude. :)[/quote]

I love the look of this. I had the 5 string version and it was the best looking bass ive ever owned.

By the way, Audere do make a pre amp for it, you have to tell them what bass its for. The guy who brought my DJ5 has one in it now.