Why become a member? ×

Alleva Copollo LM5 Deluxe

BossHog

For sale one Alleva Copollo LM5 Deluxe, ash body, maple neck with blocks and binding, AC single coils with Copollo two band eq. The bass was purchased in June 2009 from Alleva Copollo and is in brand new condition. A lightweight bass for this style of solid ash body instrument, I would take a guess at 9-9.5 pounds, fantastic sounding and playing bass. I will try to post better pictures but my daughter has decided to liberate my camera from my possession so more will follow, the bass is not quite as red as it looks in my picture must have been the lighting in the room so I have attached a more representative picture of the finish from Jimmy's website. So it's the Deluxe five not the four string for sale here.

£2500.00

[attachment=41775:029.JPG]
[attachment=41774:large_2__1_.jpg]

Edited by BossHog

That is amazing, I promised myself as soon as I saw a AC come up for sale on here I would buy it. Sadly I am about £2490 short so have a bump anyway. These have to be the nicest looking Jazz basses I have ever seen and one day I will own one.

Good luck, I am sure it wont last long.

So many superb J clones out there but (for me) ACs stand out as something quite different. The philosophy behind the basses and build really does it for me, so too the incredible craftwork and playability. Tone is very personal of course, but the ACs I've tried sound exactly as they should, then a bit.

Good luck with the sale - a very good price for some of the best in current US hand-building

[quote name='loudandclear' post='734941' date='Feb 4 2010, 12:23 PM']Yes Indeed why you selling such a fantastice bass![/quote]

Hey Terry,

How are you? I have a 1966 Jazz Bass that I always pick up over everything I own..it's a curse. The gig I had that lent itself to a five string bass has now changed so I find myself playing my Fender basses. With the exeption of recording with the Copollo recently it's just not getting an outing, It's such a beautiful bass it deserves to be played so I would rather sell it in pristine condition. I ordered the bass from Jimmy last year at the Namm Show and he is such a nice guy, very passionate about construction and tone of his instruments. He really deserves the accolades his instruments are now receiving.

Hope your well.

Mick

Edited by BossHog

[quote name='BossHog' post='735062' date='Feb 4 2010, 02:15 PM']Hey Terry,

How are you? I have a 1966 Jazz Bass that I always pick up over everything I own..it's a curse. The gig I had that lent itself to a five string bass has now changed so I find myself playing my Fender basses. With the exeption of recording with the Copollo recently it's just not getting an outing, It's such a beautiful bass it deserves to be played so I would rather sell it in pristine condition. I ordered the bass from Jimmy last year at the Namm Show and he is such a nice guy, very passionate about construction and tone of his instruments. He really deserves the accolades his instruments are now receiving.

Hope your well.

Mick[/quote]

Yes thank you Mick I am good hope you are well - I remember talking to you when you were about to go to Namm and thinking about the Alleva - beautiful bass - if it were a four I would be selling things right now - potential purchasers Mick is a top guy and this is a one of the best basses you can buy - buy with confidence

ATB

• 3 months later...

Hey, Schplooko!!

[quote name='BossHog' post='734471' date='Feb 3 2010, 09:45 PM']For sale one Alleva Copollo LM5 Deluxe, ash body, maple neck with blocks and binding, AC single coils with Copollo two band eq. The bass was purchased in June 2009 from Alleva Copollo and is in brand new condition. A lightweight bass for this style of solid ash body instrument, I would take a guess at 9-9.5 pounds, fantastic sounding and playing bass. I will try to post better pictures but my daughter has decided to liberate my camera from my possession so more will follow, the bass is not quite as red as it looks in my picture must have been the lighting in the room so I have attached a more representative picture of the finish from Jimmy's website. So it's the Deluxe five not the four string for sale here.

£2500.00

[attachment=41775:029.JPG]
[attachment=41774:large_2__1_.jpg][/quote]