Why become a member? ×

Fender Japan Non-Export '65'/66 Jazz Bass

Stacker

Testing the water with this non-export Jap Jazz. Original finish with dot and bound neck and Fender-only logo. Black hardware (Hipshot lollipop tuners) and Wilkinson bridge with brass barrels. Mint green scratchplate. The hardware and 'guard are aftermarket, non-original. One thing that the Japs have done that shouldn't be there on a bass of that era is the grounding strip. A few surface sractches on the back and maybe one or two wee dings but no major dents.

Anyway, this one came from Ishiibashi last year and these are pretty difficult to find. Importing a new one will cost you around £800, I reckon, and you can have this for a good bit less. Looking for £560 OVNO. Comes with gig bag.

[quote name='cocco' post='734360' date='Feb 3 2010, 07:02 PM']I have this bass but a bit more battered and CAR. I've never seen another one. Bump for an awesome, rare jazz and a good price. Where did you get the plate from? I want a red tortie for mine :)[/quote]

The tort that was on it was non-orig. I didn't like it and got the mint green one from off ebay from some crowd in Belgium,

[quote name='cocco' post='734360' date='Feb 3 2010, 07:02 PM']I have this bass but a bit more battered and CAR. I've never seen another one. Bump for an awesome, rare jazz and a good price. Where did you get the plate from? I want a red tortie for mine :)[/quote]

Sorry to hijack, but Aurora Projects will do you a tortie plate.
They did a beaut for my Geddy.