Why become a member? ×

Genz Benz 3.0

absolutpepper

Hey

Im travelling to Singapore tomorrow and i saw that you can buy a GB 3.0 for 600SGD which is £297 - plus i'd get a GST Refund at 15% so it would be roughly £250. It seems crazy cheap and such a great deal - BTW Singapore uses UK plugs and voltage so no issues there.

Couple of things.

a) how loud will it be - I mean i'm playing club shows and everything is PA'd but will it cut it in a noisy rock band situation for rehearsals, etc; and

:) i'm a bit worried about bringing it home and it looking like a bomb on the scanners. I wouldnt want to put it in my hold luggage so it would be carry on only I guess - anyone have any advice on this one.

I have net access in Singapore so some advice is appreciated, seems like the bargain of the century if I can grab one.

Cheers

Chris

Depends what cab you run it through i suppose.

I had the 3.0-10T combo (1x10 GB speaker) and while it sounded fantastic, i found that i had to push it just into the clip area quite a bit at rehearsals. Mark from Bass Direct assured me that even when the clip light begins to flash, it's just a bit of a warning and you can push the amp a bit further without it actually clipping, but i was reluctant to do this.

I think if you have anything upwards of the 1x10 you should be fine. I know of one or two people who had the 212 Neox cabs and they seemed to work really well with the amp.

It's very light though so don't topple it off the top of your cab if you're moving about a lot whilst playing! :)

[quote name='chris_b' post='734117' date='Feb 3 2010, 03:03 PM']How much is the GB 6.0? I'm not sure what it is, but there is a weight limit for carry on luggage.[/quote]
I don't think weight will be a problem. I've got paperback books that are heavier than my 6.0 :)