Why become a member? ×

Iphone/Ipod Touch Bass Apps

krispn

[quote name='krispn' post='731472' date='Feb 1 2010, 11:20 AM']Any good Apps that you guys recommend?

Im trying to get my head around chord shapes and the scales and something i can carry on the ipod touch would be great for on the fly practice

Cheers[/quote]

Have you looked in the music section on the app store? The one i use is call Chords. Its free and while not too advanced lets you dial in a chord on the left hand side, what variation it is on the right and shows you what notes to fret at the top. its pretty basic though and doesn't do scales as far as i can see.

There is also one called guitar chords that looks nice but its about £1.19 so ive not tried it.

Edited by dave_bass5

There are a few, some free but you tend to get what you pay for. I have Fretboard Lite (free) good for scales and chords in different tunings, Guitar Toolkit which is cool but costs (its a tuner, metronome,Chords and scales with audio and covers a multitude of instruments inc Banjo and Ukelele. Another couple you might like to look at are Four Track (Recording desk. Pretty cool app) and Heartbreaker drum machine (not got to grips with that yet). Enjoy

I have Guitar Toolkit. It was £5.99 but I use it all the time & can be used for chords & scales for 4,5 & 6 string Bass, 6 & 12 string Guitar, Ukulele, Mandolin & Banjo as well as a tuner for each of those instruments and has a metronome with tap tempo or scroll wheel. Worth every penny.