Why become a member? ×

Alembic Jazz Bass.

bubinga5

[quote name='Rich' post='721803' date='Jan 23 2010, 12:33 AM']The woods and the finish on the 5 are the best of the three, but the over-fussy bridge looks totally wrong. I generally love überJazzes, but those particular ones really aren't toasting my crumpet to be honest.[/quote]
mmm..seems the bridge should have a more elaborate body i guess

I'm afraid I haven't had the pleasure - I haven't even seen one in the flesh. I too think the bridge looks odd on a J style, but the bridge assembly really is an integral and defining component of any Alembic (I see that at least two of the examples pictured have the bridge block). I'm not at all surprised to hear they don't sound like a Jazz either, indeed, I'd have been shocked if they did. I haven't a clue what the electronics package is - anybody any ideas? I can't imagine feel, playability and finish is anything less than perfection.

I really must seek one of these out - I can feel the GAS rumblings

Are they short scale?
Unless there's something odd going on in terms of neck length- No I didn't count the frets (are there 24?), then the bridge saddles look too far up the body (assuming it's more or less a regular J size)

Nice, but doubtless [i]brutally[/i] expensive. And they didn't make much of an effort with the headstock design, did they?
It'd have to be something to outdo the Super J competition;

Shuker
Celinder
Sei
Sadowsky
Zoot Funkmeister

and so on. Not to mention the fact that you could probably buy two of the above for the cost of one Alembic.