Why become a member? ×

Mini 4x8 1x15 cabs

oldslapper

4x8 & 1x15 mini cabs for sale.

Exactly the same weight and dimensions as Ashdown Mini 115. (The Squire Jazz bass ([i]for sale too[/i]) is to give you some idea of size, if you can't access a tape measure).

Apparently made by the same company that makes Ashdowns cabs.

Nice looker, black vinyl(?) cover with red piping.

4x8 is 8ohm 600 watts weighs bout 30kg. The drivers are celestions, from looking through the rear ports. I was led to believe they may have been emminence.

1x15 is 8 ohm and rated at 300 watts, it weighs 20kg.

Dimensions are 47x47x34cm, nice square shape!!.

Nice condition and well looked after. 1x15 gigged once since I got it off a BC'er. Sounded nice with an LMII and EUB, 4x8 not been out of my house.

I'm in North Dorset and don't really want to post, but you are welcome to arrange a courier at your cost. Otherwise I'm happy to drive and meet, or deliver, no more than 25 miles from where I am.

Edited by oldslapper

[quote name='uzzell' post='716579' date='Jan 18 2010, 01:47 PM']Decided that its not for you then? :)[/quote]
Still not sure if I really want to sell!!!
They are soooo good, but recent purchase of an LMII means I need to sell something.
To be honest the 4x8 is sufficient for my needs as the amp goes through PA in the loudest of the bands I play in, so the 1x15 isn't used and I'm too old to be asked to do stadiums!!.
Might get a Mark Bass 2x10 cab though, in which case the 4x8 might have to go...
Got any suggestions for a "one cab does all" that's not stupid money, can't afford some of the thingsI see on here and...despite what Tresume says, I'm really not worth it!

I understand what you are saying. I always felt the 4x8 was sufficent for my needs.

After parting with those cabs I ended up going with a single Aguilar DB112 but the Markbass traveller 2x10 was also on the cards at one point. Its a top cab if you can justify the cost.

Good luck with it all.

This IS an Ashdown Mini 15. I know the company who made these for Ashdown. They also make Cabs/Amps for Trace, Orange, Cornford, HiWatt and Sound City.

They were a production over run when Ashdown changed the design of the side handles from rectangular to oval. As this company has an agreement that they will not market a range of their own cabs they had the red piping put on and sold them off without badges.
I had an ABM115 from them loaded with a Neo speaker. Great Cabs as they are made of Brch Oly so really solid.

Edited by BassBunny

[quote name='BassBunny' post='716859' date='Jan 18 2010, 06:05 PM']This IS an Ashdown Mini 15. I know the company who made these for Ashdown. They also make Cabs/Amps for Trace, Orange, Cornford, HiWatt and Sound City.

They were a production over run when Ashdown changed the design of the side handles from rectangular to oval. As this company has an agreement that they will not market a range of their own cabs they had the red piping put on and sold them off without badges.
I had an ABM115 from them loaded with a Neo speaker. Great Cabs as they are made of Brch Oly so really solid.[/quote]
Bump with more info on this great little cab with big capacity to love loooong time.

Just a post hope it helps in some way for you,

I had the ashdown mini's with a littlemark and then got a 102HF markbass cab to go with them selling my mini's. Cut down on weight and I loved the 102Hf best sounding 2x10 cab I've tried and owned end of story.

I used it on it's own never seemed to need another cab to go with it for all the gigs I did with it. But I never got anywhere near as many comments on my sound. My old drummer thought he heard me just as well with both but the minis cut through better. I had quite afew bassists say they thought the mini set-up sounded great. Also the minis got closer the ear level eg higher off the ground.

Plus these are ment to have slightly better drivers in them than the ashdown loaded versions, they are ment to be the best designed ashdown cab ever so hard decision good luck with the sale and choice.

I've always loved the idea of a pair of mini's with an ashdown superfly head I know you wouldnt get full volume but I think it would sound ace.

Edited by Sugden

[quote name='Sugden' post='718571' date='Jan 19 2010, 11:39 PM']Plus these are ment to have slightly better drivers in them than the ashdown loaded versions, they are ment to be the best designed ashdown cab ever so hard decision good luck with the sale and choice.[/quote]

Spot On. The guy that owns the company that makes Ashdown, Trace Orange etc actually designed the Mini's. He reckons the 4x8 is the best Bass Cab he has ever designed.

[quote name='BassBunny' post='718580' date='Jan 19 2010, 11:45 PM']Spot On. The guy that owns the company that makes Ashdown, Trace Orange etc actually designed the Mini's. He reckons the 4x8 is the best Bass Cab he has ever designed.[/quote]

what are the better speakers inside?

OOOOH!!
Thanks for the info, I guess they do offer flexibility as a pair...they do sound great to my ears.... and look soooo sexy...... in their black leatherette and scanty red trim....., oh you minxes!...you want me to keep you don't you!!, you naughty cabs.. :)

Think I've made my mind up and sell something else.

I think they were eminence drivers that replaced the ashdowns I think it goes like this eminence are high quality product the ashdowns are also ment to be good but are made for a price for the company and sacrafice that level that eminence drivers attain. But they are blue and pretty.

If you decide to sell throw me a PM I'd like to take them both off you if only to have ago with the cab with the different drivers.

Good luck with them I'd certainly if you can do a side by side comparison before you changed.

Cheers

Edited by Sugden

A bit off topic, but I have a Mag 210T deep, and checked out the (blue coned) drivers...

Some people have suggested they would be Sica, but mine were Eminence - "Engineered in the USA, manufactured in China".

My guess is that they are some sort of derivative or version of the Alpha (I haven't weighed them or anything smart like that though...)

Alan

[quote name='oldslapper' post='716627' date='Jan 18 2010, 02:33 PM']Still not sure if I really want to sell!!!
They are soooo good, but recent purchase of an LMII means I need to sell something.
To be honest the 4x8 is sufficient for my needs as the amp goes through PA in the loudest of the bands I play in, so the 1x15 isn't used and I'm too old to be asked to do stadiums!!.
Might get a Mark Bass 2x10 cab though, in which case the 4x8 might have to go...
Got any suggestions for a "one cab does all" that's not stupid money, can't afford some of the thingsI see on here and...despite what Tresume says, I'm really not worth it![/quote]

Nobody is too old to do stadiums !!!!!!

If someone offered you the chance to do Wembley you would still consider it, even if you knew it would give you a heart attack !!!!

T

:)

[quote name='essexbasscat' post='722730' date='Jan 23 2010, 11:57 PM']Nobody is too old to do stadiums !!!!!!

If someone offered you the chance to do Wembley you would still consider it, even if you knew it would give you a heart attack !!!!

T

:)[/quote]
Cheers T....yer probably right, but................ just bit more realistic these days!