Why become a member? ×

Sterling Ball does it again...

OutToPlayJazz

• 2 months later...

I have just taken the plunge and ordered the Classic White Classic Series Stingray 4. Birdseye maple neck and and board, tort guard.

One of my Rays sold, and I have to have two...so it was perfect to get a variant this time.

I am VERY excited.

I NEARLY went for the powder blue, but some pics Ive seen arent quite as nice as Id hoped. Not 'sonic blue' enough for me....you cannot go wrong with a classic white :)

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='TheRev' post='712795' date='Jan 14 2010, 06:30 PM']There's something about Ivory/white basses with tortie guards that gives me a happy.

Ohh, you filthy bitch, you want it, don't you....[/quote]

Yep,....this is the reason why I went for this but on the Ray....I like rosewood, but if you are having a birdseye maple neck, may as well show it off on the board as well.

Beautiful.

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='800923' date='Apr 9 2010, 02:54 PM']I have just taken the plunge and ordered the Classic White Classic Series Stingray 4. Birdseye maple neck and and board, tort guard.

One of my Rays sold, and I have to have two...so it was perfect to get a variant this time.

I am VERY excited.

I NEARLY went for the powder blue, but some pics Ive seen arent quite as nice as Id hoped. Not 'sonic blue' enough for me....you cannot go wrong with a classic white :)[/quote]

At last lol. Nice one.

I think these are fantastic basses and i agree, the bule is a bit wimpy, white all the way.

so when does it arrive?

[quote name='OutToPlayJazz' post='800953' date='Apr 9 2010, 03:24 PM']Congrats, Gareth :) Do you know if the white is solid or transparent like this beauty?

[/quote]

It is slightly different to the normal bright white, and its not the trans white of the stunning bass there.

It is a slightly 'yellow/cream' classic white....as in slightly aged. A few shades off Olympic I do believe.

[quote name='dave_bass5' post='800965' date='Apr 9 2010, 03:36 PM']At last lol. Nice one.

I think these are fantastic basses and i agree, the bule is a bit wimpy, white all the way.

so when does it arrive?[/quote]

They are stunners. I never thought about a 2 band EQ bas until Linus put those lovely clips up...and seen as though I have 1 3 band EQ which was my first 'expensive' bass back when I was 17/18, (and thankfully it still looks as good as it did then!) I thought id sell the other one and get a 2 band. Then I realised what the heck, I cant decide on a 5 string and ive yet to find one I want to go for, so I put all the money into this little beauty. Not as expensive as I thought....

Should arrive mid-May....but Im guessing it might be an estimate only, so could be June. I like the wait...anticpation :rolleyes:

Edited by Musicman20

[quote name='Musicman20' post='800991' date='Apr 9 2010, 04:15 PM']They are stunners. I never thought about a 2 band EQ bas until Linus put those lovely clips up...and seen as though I have 1 3 band EQ which was my first 'expensive' bass back when I was 17/18, (and thankfully it still looks as good as it did then!) I thought id sell the other one and get a 2 band. Then I realised what the heck, I cant decide on a 5 string and ive yet to find one I want to go for, so I put all the money into this little beauty. Not as expensive as I thought....

Should arrive mid-May....but Im guessing it might be an estimate only, so could be June. I like the wait...anticpation :)[/quote]

Just think of all the other basses you will see posted over the next few month lol. Its going to be a long wait but worth it.

I must admit im thinking that if i keep my Ray34 i will get a J East 2EQ pre put in it. I think the slightly thicker low end is a good thing to have. I guess its not until you hear the difference that you really understand it.

Good luck with it.