Why become a member? ×

**SOLD**Music Man Stingray 5 blue pearl**SOLD**

OutToPlayJazz

Okay, I really can't decide what to do with this bass. It's in utterly mint condition, the ceramic pickup sounds fantastic, but I really don't like rough unfinished necks. I've been through ideas of doing the diy sand & wax (not my first choice!), getting a luthier to satin lacquer the neck for me, or even getting a Status-Graphite replacement neck for it. All of which options might spoil an otherwise amazing sounding bass for someone... Condition is A1 with no marks or scratches anywhere and the serial number looks like it was made in 2004.

So make me an offer of £800 (complete with original Ernie Ball abs hard case & brand new DR fatbeams 40-125) and it's yours.

Always open to offers of trades. Let me know what you have - The very worst I can do is to reply in the resoundingly negative! :) I'd be particularly interested in Status basses (shock, surprise!), new Fender American Standard Jazz V's, JayDee's, or other quality 4's & 5's.

Edited by OutToPlayJazz

Yes, I love the profile and the shape, just not the finish. My other wooden necked basses are all satin lacquered on the back of the neck, including my other Stingray. Much nicer. I guess I just don't like bare wood :)

I'm in no desperate hurry to sell this. If it stays, I'll go for the Status replacement neck option.

[quote name='Ou7shined' post='710632' date='Jan 12 2010, 09:35 PM']A couple coats of satin lacquer would sort that out for you and it's easily removed if the next person wanted to go back to the original finish.[/quote]

That's how my Stingray 4 is finished, too. But it was done professionally by a luthier so that's another option as mentioned earlier :)

One offer has come in already - Keep 'em coming!

I still think that Stingray 5's are the best 5 you can get for the cash. I regret selling mine....But then I wouldn't have ended up with my Shuker :)

Good luck with the sale Rich...If I had the cash I'd have had it off you!

[quote name='Musicman20' post='711945' date='Jan 13 2010, 09:29 PM']If I didnt have major GAS for a Lakland DJ5 I would come and check this out Rich!

Good luck. You don't need it though...good price and nice colour.[/quote]

I sold a DJ5 to buy one of these...........the SR5 was a better bass, guess I'm contrary to popular opinion

[quote name='martthebass' post='712296' date='Jan 14 2010, 10:02 AM']I sold a DJ5 to buy one of these...........the SR5 was a better bass, guess I'm contrary to popular opinion[/quote]

I did exactly the same thing...DJ5's are wicked...But I reckon the MM5 is the best bang for the buck out there!