Why become a member? ×

what do you keep your kit in

leads, strings, pedals and tools go in a metal 'stanley' toolbox which I bought for £35 11 years ago.
Its done hundreds of gigs and still going strong!!

Amp is in the Aguilar gig bag type carry case, the cabs are in separate wheeled flightcases.
Basses in hardcases

All 'band' stuff is generally flightcased - have a road trunk wheeled thing for XLR's and power, mic stands go in a mic stand padded bag, mics and clips in a flightcase box,
lighting in another, X32 is flightcased and PA speakers have JBL padded covers.
The other guys are pretty similar.

[color=#222222]I used to use various aluminium tool cases, but found that: 1. they didn't take the abuse of regular gigging/occasional touring and 2. every other band out there was using the same thing, which meant that a couple of times people picked up the wrong case at the end of the night. I always got them back, but even so, it was annoying.[/color]
[color=#222222][/color]
[color=#222222]A few years back, though my work, I discovered Peli cases and took the plunge on a 1520 ([url="http://images.peliproducts.co.uk/3dcases/1520/1520.html"][color="#0000ff"]http://images.peliproducts.co.uk/3dcases/1520/1520.html)[/color][/url], in bright orange, so it's fairly unique! OK, it was expensive, but it has a lifetime guarantee against pretty much everything (Shark bite, Bear attack and Children under 5 excluded). I'm now up to 3 of them - one for tools and bass related bits, one for electrical testing kit, one for 'make do & mend' stuff (soldering kit, spare connectors, plugs, etc.).[/color]

Depends on the gig and load in. If stuff is going in the van for a function or wedding; bass in hardcase, cab in live-in flightcase, cables amp and pedalboard just carry in the retrospective gig bags. If it's a quick, smaller gig; bass in gig bag, pedalboard amp and cables in gig bags and cab goes in it's Aguilar padded cover.

Edited by skej21

Messenger bag.

What on earth are people taking to gigs?

I have two mains leads, three instrument leads, two speaker leads, a tuner, ear plugs, spare strings, screwdriver, pliers and spare 9v battery. Also I carry a music folder, music stand, marker pen and biro.

[quote name='Simon.' timestamp='1402648995' post='2475573']
[color=#222222]I used to use various aluminium tool cases, but found that: 1. they didn't take the abuse of regular gigging/occasional touring and 2. every other band out there was using the same thing, which meant that a couple of times people picked up the wrong case at the end of the night. I always got them back, but even so, it was annoying.[/color]
[/quote]

Mine's lasted years. I used to be in a band where everyone else was using one too. Put my initials in black electrical tape on one panel, problem solved.