Why become a member? ×

KSD 704 Proto-J with EBS pre-amp - ##TRADED##

johnnylager

Righto chaps, I have [s]a hankering[/s] now hankered for a certain white 5-string Euro LX. This unfortunately means shifting this little fella. Bought as ex-demo from Bernie Goodfellow in early/mid 2008. I think Stuart Clayton may have played it once too.

A fantastic player, though the poor thing has taken a back seat since the Spector arrived & only used twice in the last year, once at an outdoor festie, where I got such a great sound out of this bass and a 30-year old Peavey, I wondered why I spent all the money on other gear. The other time was at the covers band rehearsal the next day, when I forgot it was still in the gig-bag and had a nice surprise when I opened it up.

If you can get to Worthing, you are welcome to come & try it.
[list]
[*]Glossed natural finish
[*]Satin finished maple bolt-on neck, 34" scale
[*]2-band EBS preamp & mid-cut switch for all the slappers out there, I sometimes switch it to check it's still working
[*]Vol, blend, B & T
[/list]No dings, 2 very minor issues - the battery cover has lost it's, er, cover, but it's nice & tight in there and it's never come out on me, which is more than the wife can say. There are also some light fingernail marks on the scratchplate under the G-string and over the neck pup. Again, very much like the wife.

[b]Price - [s]£500[/s] now £475[i]+ delivery[/i] in s/h, but perfectly servicable ABS Stagg case[/b] [does have a couple of logos sprayed on, could easily be covered up with black spray paint].
[b]£450 w/o case[/b], which I would prefer to keep if we meet.

[b]Will also consider trades for something P-like, with cash my way[/b]

Thanks for looking, John.

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='karlthebassist' post='711802' date='Jan 13 2010, 07:29 PM']NO NO NO NO NO! I've been waiting for one of these to come up for ages - and now a 4 string one finally does I've spent all my money on a cab!!![/quote]
Hey Karl, a cab is nowt without a good signal...

Edited by johnnylager

[quote name='tom1946' post='712209' date='Jan 14 2010, 07:20 AM']Christ that's gorgeous :rolleyes:

How does it compare to say a deluxe jazz? ie' power and tone?[/quote]
Thanks Tom, not played a deluxe jazz, but one of the reasons I bought this was the great improvement in vol & tone over the Ged Jazz I had - I've never needed to use all the bass or treble boost available.

The other reason I bought it was the neck... :)

• 2 weeks later...

While I personally wouldn't buy one of these over any of my passive fenders, I gigged a Proto-J 5 a while ago, and it blew my old Fender Deluxe Jazz out the water!
So if you want an active Jazz, these are great! :)

Si