Why become a member? ×

Is this guy mental?

How the hell can this:
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-PRECISION-JAZZ-BASS-MOLDED-CASE-USA-RARE-WOW_W0QQitemZ250557631773QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item3a56660d1d"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FENDER-PRECISION-JAZ...=item3a56660d1d[/url]
be so expensive?

[quote name='basshead56' post='701677' date='Jan 5 2010, 03:01 PM']That really annoys me!
If something is RARE, fair enough, but using it for everything is just ignorant! :)[/quote]

Amen. I wish there was some sort of system on eBay where you're not allowed to use "rare" to describe an item unless it's some sort of limited edition or over thirty years old.

There's surprising money in original cases. Last year I acquired a Gibson Custom Shop LP case in decent but gigged condition - I had no use for it so I Ebayed it at 99p & no reserve, expecting to get about £50. It sold for £180 - odd, after a ridiculous amount of interest.

Jon.

He is a theiving, lowlife pr*ck! I bought a set of white EMG jazz pups from him for 70quid posted and he never bothered sending them. When I contacted ebay they told me to call his local police station as it was a fraud. No help from ebay and he also managed to palm me off with excuses until the deadline for a paypal claim had passed.

Well I'd like to say there was a happy ending but he has my dosh and I will never buy anything from the States again. I did send him a goodsized paragraph of imaginative scottish abuse everyday for a month with lots of death threats and explicit details of what I was going to do to his mum!

Dave

[quote name='Davetbass' post='704559' date='Jan 7 2010, 06:28 PM']He is a theiving, lowlife pr*ck! I bought a set of white EMG jazz pups from him for 70quid posted and he never bothered sending them. When I contacted ebay they told me to call his local police station as it was a fraud. No help from ebay and he also managed to palm me off with excuses until the deadline for a paypal claim had passed.

Well I'd like to say there was a happy ending but he has my dosh and I will never buy anything from the States again. I did send him a goodsized paragraph of imaginative scottish abuse everyday for a month with lots of death threats and explicit details of what I was going to do to his mum!

Dave[/quote]

I´ve dealt with people like him before.
I can´t stand w***kers who abuse ebay!
I would probably do the exact same thing if I got screwed over! :)

[quote name='Davetbass' post='704559' date='Jan 7 2010, 06:28 PM']He is a theiving, lowlife pr*ck! I bought a set of white EMG jazz pups from him for 70quid posted and he never bothered sending them. When I contacted ebay they told me to call his local police station as it was a fraud. No help from ebay and he also managed to palm me off with excuses until the deadline for a paypal claim had passed.

Dave[/quote]

one thing i would say is that it's important to always make sure you put in a claim to paypal if you even suspect there is something up. I claimed back some money for a CD which then arrived 3 weeks after i ordered it so i sent them the money back. y'know i doubt i made any friends but at the end of the day i didn't get conned into losing out.

Edited by EdwardHimself

yup.. I opened a claim because I bought some elites strings off of a website, and had no reply for over 2 weeks to 3 of my emails

I opened a dispute, and they replied the same night!! he blamed it to festive season but hmm idk about that

anyhow, we sorted it, and he refunded me the cash and also gave me a free pair of strings for an apology anyways.. so I benefitted quite a bit really.. although they were not my gauge, but still they are the standard size, not the medium i ordered but im still not complaining.